Emile Legault

14 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

So is he a CB or a FB? Is he still 5'8'' or has he grown?

I think he clearly is a FB. I know an article mentionned him as a CB but after seeing him play at Toulon everything about him screams FB, wether it’s his physical built or his style of play. It’s just my take but I would be really surprised if he ends up as a CB at the pro level.

2 hours ago, HochelagaFC said:

I think he clearly is a FB. I know an article mentionned him as a CB but after seeing him play at Toulon everything about him screams FB, wether it’s his physical built or his style of play. It’s just my take but I would be really surprised if he ends up as a CB at the pro level.

Celtic liked that he was versatile, seems like he can play both with ease.

Whatever he is he needs to get himself with a club.  Everyone was all excited about him after Toulon and then he (seemingly?) has gone unattached for 6 months with a Celtic trial and u20 qualifiers sprinkled in.  He’s 18 - even playing a year of university would have been more beneficial. 

Not to sound like a broken record but CPL would be a nice move in the right circumstances.  He would get a chance to start and play games.. im thinking if he signed for a club like Forge he could climb the ladder pretty quickly and get in MLS or Europe with Bobby’s connections if that’s what he wanted to do.  My worry with MLS is if he signs there off the bat and can’t get matches he’ll be going over a year without playing. 

If you’re a right back starting you’re also in with a good shot of getting called to Canada.  Currently only Godinho is seeing time at first team level. 

Edited by Keegan

17 hours ago, Keegan said:

My worry with MLS is if he signs there off the bat and can’t get matches he’ll be going over a year without playing. 

THIS! MLS is all great, but if you're not laying a lot and your team doesn't have a USL team, he could get into Shamit Shome territory, which would be a shame. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry if I missed commenting on this somewhere else, but he made his debut with Pacific FC this week. Looked like he was playing in more of a centre defense role. Looked very active and decisive defensively. Moved the ball forward confidently and had one great pass forward to the far side of the field hitting an attacker on the run. Good start.