Emile Legault

By all accounts has been one of our best players at the Toulon Tournament. Right Back. Class of 2000. Plays for Auxerre in France.

Canada Soccer profile: https://canadasoccer.com/?pid=4247&t=profile&amp

Good to see another promising fullback in our ranks: Petrasso, Cordova, Chung, Brault-Guillard, Godinho and now Legault. 

• 1 month later...

Stoked for this. I expect he will be out on loan shortly, but I am not particularly informed as to how Celtic usually approach youth players so please correct me if I'm wrong. When watching the Toulon matches, he sort of reminded me a pit of Petrasso in his attacking but much better defender, better tackler and when tougher trying to win balls. On the videos he looked fairly scrawny so hopefully he fills out a bit in time. When I asked around a bit, it seems he was added late to the Toulon squad maybe b/c others (e.g Brault) were injured but was a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully he will get called to U20 qualifying, unless he sticks with the Celtic first team somehow. 

Edited by soccer.shocker

If he sign with Impact dat good just like how if he sign with Celtic dat good but personally Celtic will do more for him in dat long run and we just need more kids out there in Europe right now but just my opinion anyways on dat subject.

1 hour ago, villus said:

Am I the only one who would rather have him stay in France?  Great breading ground for young talent and especially fullbacks.  

I want him to go where he gets a good chance to play and feel like he is adequately compensated. I am pretty sure that is what himself and his agent are wanting also. If France doesn't offer that I wouldn't want him to stay there. 

9 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Well looks like he won't sign at the Impact. Lack of a reserve team makes it hard. He doesn't want to come to Montreal to stay on the bench which probably would happen early. 

Why is it so complicated for the Impact to make room for such a good young prospect? If there's no room on their roster, couldn't they just release one of their less promising players who this season have played very little or not at all? And I don't see why not having a reserve team constitutes a problem when they could loan Legault to Ottawa or to another USL team.

14 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Why is it so complicated for the Impact to make room for such a good young prospect? If there's no room on their roster, couldn't they just release one of their less promising players who this season have played very little or not at all? And I don't see why not having a reserve team constitutes a problem when they could loan Legault to Ottawa or to another USL team.

MLS.

15 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

If I had to choose between Ottawa, Montreal bench, Celtics bench or stay at Auxerres, I'd stay put in Europe too

4 hours ago, Grandbloke said:

Because, you would just sign a player who would play very litte or not at all? I'm not saying that he's not a good prospect, but he needs to play not train and if he can't do that here since he's too old for USSDA and the Impact doesn't have a true reserve team, he would be doing just that. There is also no guarantee that he would play in USL. (CPL would be different with the Canadian quota, but CPL doesn't exist yet) Celtic isn't that bad because he can play for the reserve team and/or maybe play in League One/Two. 

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

If I had to choose between Ottawa, Montreal bench, Celtics bench or stay at Auxerres, I'd stay put in Europe too

Me too.  As noted by Blackdude, it will be interesting to see with advent of CPL whether CDN MLS sides can entice some of these guys back by offering them loans to CPL sides to guarantee playing time if they are sitting on the bench of the MLS side.  Not saying that would be good or bad but I suspect that would help in some cases. 

5 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Because, you would just sign a player who would play very litte or not at all? I'm not saying that he's not a good prospect, but he needs to play not train and if he can't do that here since he's too old for USSDA and the Impact doesn't have a true reserve team, he would be doing just that. There is also no guarantee that he would play in USL. (CPL would be different with the Canadian quota, but CPL doesn't exist yet) Celtic isn't that bad because he can play for the reserve team and/or maybe play in League One/Two. 

Actually, he isn’t too old for USSDA. He turned 18 this past April.

49 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Actually, he isn’t too old for USSDA. He turned 18 this past April.

Oops. Yeah, my bad. I probably wanted to say that USSDA might not be what he's looking for though. I just don't think USSDA is ideal for a footballer who wants to play pro when you have options.

Anyways, Martineau confirms that he signed  at Celtic mainly to play with the reserve team.

Edited by Blackdude