HFX Wanderers launch/2019 offseason thread

Yea that’s really great how that worked out.  It’s nice to have a reasonably experienced local on the touch line.. I guarantee there won’t be many coaches who have managed a national team let alone two.  He understands our Canadian system and Halifax in particular and maybe most importantly off the bat he’s a likeable guy to have representing you.

33 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Yea that’s really great how that worked out.  It’s nice to have a reasonably experienced local on the touch line.. I guarantee there won’t be many coaches who have managed a national team let alone two.  He understands our Canadian system and Halifax in particular and maybe most importantly off the bat he’s a likeable guy to have representing you.

Perhaps he can source some of his connections at the national level to bring in some T&T guys that knocked the US out of World Cup Qualification. I imagine we could grab a top quality player from the T&T Pro League based on his influence alone.  

16 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

Perhaps he can source some of his connections at the national level to bring in some T&T guys that knocked the US out of World Cup Qualification. I imagine we could grab a top quality player from the T&T Pro League based on his influence alone.  

Absolutely, those are the foreign players we want.  Guys who need an opportunity at a higher level and won’t cost an arm and a leg. The Caribbean has sent tons of players to usl I’d imagine that will continue with CPL. 

2 hours ago, HfxCeltic said:

Yeah I am super excited about this aspect of him coming in. Not to mention he might end up being the most experienced coach in the league. Anyone feeling like it migt be a good shout that Greg Ranjitsingh is our starting keeper? Other than that, guys like Maurice Ford, Alvin Jones, and Josiah Trimmingham might be interesting guys who are young, cheap and could be developed and sold on. Or Hart could go the other route and bring in some experienced pros to balance out our probably young Canadian contingent. 

This is a great hire for Halifax and the league. Hart knows the local community well, but also is a very experienced coach! Obviously, his Canadian National team run did not end well (to put it nicely), but he did get T&T to the Hex. It is also good that he has connections to many former/current CMNT and youth program players that he can recruit. He can also use his T&T connections to bring in some quality players on the cheap. 

21 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

I've heard there were 3 exhibition games scheduled for July 21-28, 2018 involving a U23 Atlantic Selects squad, so this tweet might have some merit. Extremely exciting and well beyond my expectations if true!

Derek Martin announced the game after announcing Hart as head coach, so it does have merit

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Hart is a nice guy but he is a has been and is damaged goods.  I would like to see CPL teams coached by young coaches with an upside who have the possibility to be CMNT coach candidates in the future. 

Who's next, Dale Mitchell?   

I think thats pretty harsh on Hart, he did well with T&T in a tough situation with the association. 

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Hart is a nice guy but he is a has been and is damaged goods.  I would like to see CPL teams coached by young coaches with an upside who have the possibility to be CMNT coach candidates in the future. 

Who's next, Dale Mitchell?   

Damaged goods? He nearly took us to the Hex and played a role in getting T&T there. Is that not good enough for you?

Who were you expecting? Zidane?

We should want coaches like Hart to find a home in the CPL.

Why would you scoff at the likes of him finding a home in our domestic league? 

The few people I know who have worked with Hart have only had great things to say about him - football wise. The nice guy thing is a bonus, I guess.

And as far as Halifax goes, I could not think of a better choice. Halifax is home to Hart.

Strange for you to be against this.