HFX Wanderers launch/2019 offseason thread

11 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

Ehhh, good because it’s the biggest brew company in NS and there is a ton of history, but bad because there are sooo many top notch craft beer options in the city.

I get that but it’s a good sign that a major company sees the league/team as something worth spending their money supporting. Hopefully there is some craft beer in the stadium as well

41 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

As much as I dislike their beer (heretical thing to say for a Bluenoser), I'd love it if Keith's were the inaugural kit sponsor. Who wouldn't want to get a free Wanderers t-shirt in their two-four? 

Gotta work up to buying a two-four of the moose piss first....?

1 hour ago, m-g-williams said:

As much as I dislike their beer (heretical thing to say for a Bluenoser), I'd love it if Keith's were the inaugural kit sponsor. Who wouldn't want to get a free Wanderers t-shirt in their two-four? 

If my memory isn't fading as quickly as I fear, Keith's was the sponsor of Nova Scotia Clippers.

4 hours ago, Rheo said:

Ok well when you have your millions to invest in a proper stadium, good luck.  Until then I'm going to be supportive and not crap on everything thing that I may not think is optimal.

Presentation my friend. You don't need a million to install seats onto bleacher seats. Go look it up.

Never indicated that I'm not supportive either,  just stating the obvious. Aestethics play a massive role in perspectives. 

....but I guess the OSA would be a proper venue you that you would "support from a very far distance".

38 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Presentation my friend. You don't need a million to install seats onto bleacher seats. Go look it up.

Never indicated that I'm not supportive either,  just stating the obvious. Aestethics play a massive role in perspectives. 

....but I guess the OSA would be a proper venue you that you would "support from a very far distance".

This is a temporary stadium and SEA has been very successful putting on similar events, I woildn’t worry too much.

26 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

This is a temporary stadium and SEA has been very successful putting on similar events, I woildn’t worry too much.

Why is it temporary? Thought there was a pop up/modular stadium that was going to be built?

6 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Of frigging course, it's embarrassing. No individual seats is, apart from terribly uncomfortable, a mess when it comes to ticketing, seating, safety, is a mistreatment of fans. Except those who might choose to go for that option as the general cheaper one.

Rheo is posting like the king with no clothes on complaining that no one likes them. It's a line of posting, but its becoming boring and tedious. Why be a bunch of amateurs if you want a pro league and for it to work.

I mean, what is going to sink the CPL: criticism of its errors or the errors themselves? 

I sat for four hours in a hot gym watching a wrestling show on bleachers a couple of months ago and it killed my back. I hate them but I don't think it's  the end of the world.

As for the repetition of my posts on this, how is any different from the same repetitive posts you make on those subject @Unnamed Trialist?

Anyways since I offend you so much for having a difference isn't opinion I'll justify leave it at this. Cheers

Was looking at some players for next season from the U Sports program.  A couple of stand outs for the AUS to be considered are Dan Hayfield (StFX) and Charlie Waters (CBU).  Both are out of the UK.  Dan Walker (UNB) had 8 goals and hails from Fredericton.

Unfortunately, the local schools of SMU and DAL struggled this year so the stats might not be a good indicator.

5 hours ago, Rheo said:

I sat for four hours in a hot gym watching a wrestling show on bleachers a couple of months ago and it killed my back. I hate them but I don't think it's  the end of the world.

As for the repetition of my posts on this, how is any different from the same repetitive posts you make on those subject @Unnamed Trialist?

Anyways since I offend you so much for having a difference isn't opinion I'll justify leave it at this. Cheers

Now that you have made it obvious you are not going to go to any of these CPL stadiums where your back may be put out, keep reminding us to shut up and like them.