HFX Wanderers launch/2019 offseason thread

9 hours ago, garmc said:

Not sure what to tell you. I mean, if you don't like it because it looks like a pop-up stadium on a public ground. Well.....it is a pop-up stadium on a public ground. I for one, love it, and I'm the one going to be at every game, so....

Is this just a temporary set-up for Year 1, with plans to either upgrade the site to a more professional standard or to move to a more suitable home down the road? I honestly don't know anything about the plans in Halifax.

10 hours ago, Tigers said:

I would actually be so down for a trip for a double header weekend one day, in a few years, to see Forge FC vs Wanderers, and a Ticats vs "Schooners" game.

I'm not even from Hamilton and would love to do that. The only thing better would be if we had a Mtl area team (CPL).

Edited by MtlMario

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Is this just a temporary set-up for Year 1, with plans to either upgrade the site to a more professional standard or to move to a more suitable home down the road? I honestly don't know anything about the plans in Halifax.

It's a temporary pop-up stadium under a 3 year lease, then beyond that nobody knows what the intent is. SEA has expressed that no other location in Halifax region is better suited at the current time and 99% of supporters seem to be in agreement. I think the general consensus is that if (when) the club has 3 very successful seasons, they'll have that history in their back pocket when approaching the city and province about developing the land with a more permanent facility (it's municipal land). Complete guess here, but I think they'd be able to fit a 12-15,000 seat permanent stadium on the existing site.  

Member #234 and just received my email now - call date is November 14th. A neat feature they noted is the ability to purchase seats then reserve seats next to mine so a friend who's later in the queue can purchase them next to me. Based on some Facebook posts, it appears some members are purchasing upwards of 7 season tickets. I don't think they'll have any problem reaching the 4,000 season ticket holders they're hoping for.

Edited by HfxCeltic

On 11/1/2018 at 5:38 PM, garmc said:

So excited! I'm member #51, so I'm expecting to be in the first round of calls.

Also excited to go pick up my flag tomorrow.

Assuming you received the call already and picked up your season tickets. Did they mention during the call which sections the light poles are in front of? I thought they were in front of Naval Grey, but can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Copes said:

Have my season ticket call on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. Hopefully my buddies who are much further down the Member number list can get seats in the Kitchen with me.

When you pick your tickets, you can reserve tickets in your buddies name if they have a membership further down the line. I did this in Harbour Blue with assigned seating, not sure how it would work for general admission.