Canadians abroad: May 25-31, 2018

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for May 25-31, 2018.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Tomer Chencinski started for Shamrock Rovers in a 1-1 draw in the big Dublin Derby away to Bohemians.

With starter Barry Murphy out injured, Tyson Farago made his second straight start for St Pat's in a 3-1 loss to Cork City.

2 hours ago, charlesmazz said:

Both Cordova and Gutierrez go 90 minutes in Huachipato's 1 nil loss to Universidad de Chile. 

IMG_0520.JPG

Good to see them back.. both were dropped a few weeks back after a loss to Universidad Catolica and only Juan saw injury time just last week.

19 hours ago, Keegan said:

Good to see them back.. both were dropped a few weeks back after a loss to Universidad Catolica and only Juan saw injury time just last week.

Overall I think both have done well to get the playing time they have.

This has been Cordova's first year in the top flight. He had a nice run of games in the team. At his age (22/23) he needs to be a regular. So far so good.

Gutierrez is a little younger, not even 21 yet if I recall correctly, so it is nice to see him get what I would consider a sufficient number of games. I don't think he has given up on Chile yet either, which is understandable. At the same time, I would say that he really needs a breakout season for that to happen. Defintiely would need to play more to make that happen.

Both MAK and Jakovic started for LAFC in a 1-1 tie against DC. MAK played 90 mins, almost scored on a header in the first half and appears from the highlights to have assisted on Rossi's goal but not credited on the MLS website. Jakovic was red carded at 45 +2.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/05/27/los-angeles-football-club-1-dc-united-1-2018-mls-match-recap

In Norway another 90 mins for Adekugbe as Valerenga win 1-0  over Lillestrom

Miki Cantave started for Haiti yesterday, played until m. 78, took a hard yellow against Di Maria. So that seems definitive, he has opted for Haiti over Canada. 

Haiti could only sit back in a match where Messi ran the show like a point guard and forward all at once, the highlights have him in 70% of the clips.

Archived