Canadians abroad: May 18-24, 2018

DJT

Tomer Chencinski started for Shamrock Rovers in a 0-0 draw away to relegation-threatened Sligo Rovers. Nice that Tomer was able to get a clean sheet, although his club are now closer to relegation than Europe halfway through the season. Pretty humiliating stuff for one of the richest and most successful clubs in Irish football.

On 5/19/2018 at 1:52 PM, shamrock said:

Yuma starts forSedan. They have a theoretical shot of the Championship. They're leading 1-0 ATM.

Sedan are eliminated for sure after Drancy drew their final game of the season, but Yuma played 62 minutes in the 2-0 win over Sainte-Geneviève.

Spain:

Tabla did not get off the bench for Barça B in 2nd Division, who had a big win over Cadiz, who are fighting for promotion, 3-1. With the new coach who was the u-19 manager, he and the other recent signings are being frozen out in favour of longer-standing academy players. This is possible, and in fact many Barça fans are in favour of this. Many argue we signed a lot of players to save the former coach's butt with bad results, but if you coach properly you can do with what you have (remember Barça won the Youth League, so its youth is strong).

Dissapointingly, Manny Aparicio did not even dress for Izarra who were playing a playoff to avoid relegation down from 2B, scoreless away to Llagostera, second leg at home next week. That is a rarity for him, perhaps he had a knock, otherwise hard to understand.

On 5/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, Jith12 said:

As mentioned yesterday, Jonathan David starts on the bench for Gent vs Brugge in the final game of the season in the Belgian league.

Looks like I spoke a little bit too soon. Gent will play a one game playoff to decide the recipient of the Belgian league Europa League spot this Sunday. This will give David one last chance to make his first team debut this season.

On 5/22/2018 at 1:48 AM, Jith12 said:

Looks like I spoke a little bit too soon. Gent will play a one game playoff to decide the recipient of the Belgian league Europa League spot this Sunday. This will give David one last chance to make his first team debut this season.

Wouldn't he be in Toulon? If he can have a full pre-season with AA, he'll get his chances next season. A good tournament would only serve that cause. 

13 hours ago, shamrock said:

Wouldn't he be in Toulon? If he can have a full pre-season with AA, he'll get his chances next season. A good tournament would only serve that cause. 

Good point, I didn't realize that. I'm guessing that he was/will be released for Toulon.

Archived