Cavalry FC launch/2019 off season thread

22 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thing is, if Macron is selling to York9, wouldn't they be sending their Canadian rep out west talk to the team? And wouldn't that be enough?

Who knows? Or maybe some CPL brass are just taking the opportunity to review soccer and game day operations from a club in one of the biggest leagues in the world that just happens to be owned by another Canadian.

Its all speculation. But it is fun to try to connect the dots.

Joey Saputo working cooperatively with the Cavalry FC and CanPL would be great news. You make most progress when everybody is pushing in the same direction. Bologna are supplied by Macron by the looks of things:

https://www.macron.com/eu/en/sport/teams/bologna-fc.html

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

3 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Think Naples would be the destination of choice for pizza? I hope there's a Joey Saputo angle as that would mean the MLS teams and CanPL are working together to a certain extent.

Macron is most likely the reason, not Saputo. Some scouting while you're there doesn't hurt either.

You think Saputo is thrilled about CPL wanting to put a team in Laval or Quebec? According to local journalist Jeremy Filosa, Saputo sees the whole province as his own backyard.

27 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

I did write hope rather than think. There is an obvious solution to how they would be able to get along better under that scenario but I'll believe it when I see it and don't expect any level of cooperation that there might be to stretch that far.

When our dear 3 MLS clubs will stop thinking that they are entitled to entire provinces and parts of the country altogether and accept other clubs, then we'll have a shot a cooperation 

On 9/25/2018 at 12:56 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thing is, if Macron is selling to York9, wouldn't they be sending their Canadian rep out west talk to the team? And wouldn't that be enough?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/article-canadian-premier-league-signs-apparel-deal-with-italys-macron/

...All the CPL teams have had representatives in Bologna recently to go over the playing gear...

1 hour ago, HfxCeltic said:

Anyone aware of attendance figures for the prospects game? Field and setting looked superb btw!

1500 tickets were apparently sold, but the actual attendance number was reportedly around 1200 based on weather and other conditions.

Does look like a nice little field, reminds me of one of those small intimate venues in England. I like the fall trees in the background also.

20 hours ago, tyler453 said:

1500 tickets were apparently sold, but the actual attendance number was reportedly around 1200 based on weather and other conditions.

Does look like a nice little field, reminds me of one of those small intimate venues in England. I like the fall trees in the background also.

I was there and I'd say those numbers sound about right.  It's definitely a different place to hold a match.  Overall it's a good experience and it's obvious that the Spruce Meadows folks are experts in putting on an event.  I thought it was a good test of everything.  The pitch will likely be in better shape in the spring, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they put in the seating.  It's not exactly the easiest place for me to get to, and I suspect that will dissuade some from making the trek from the northern part of the city.  But overall, I think it went really well.

• 1 month later...