Jump to content

Cavalry FC launch/2019 off season thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Xavier said:

How far off the mark am I with this? Tried to match the kit with the style of the crest as much as I can. The double stripes on the shoulder kind of give off a hockey type jersey look. 

Thoughts?

Nike_CFC_H_PRES.thumb.png.d0927b51b72ad1c852f772605b2a9c2d.png

Picard to Commander Riker, set course for Calgary, warp 9. Engage.

Just having fun. Nice work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://imgur.com/gallery/c5etBQ0  

I'd imagine that the week between the inaugural game this weekend and Cavalry's first game a week later, will be a big time for marketing. Especially considering the exposure that the league should ga

Hey some real news re: Calvary ...  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Xavier said:

How far off the mark am I with this? Tried to match the kit with the style of the crest as much as I can. The double stripes on the shoulder kind of give off a hockey type jersey look. 

Thoughts?

Nike_CFC_H_PRES.thumb.png.d0927b51b72ad1c852f772605b2a9c2d.png

I would prefer the lower green portion to have an angled top edge pointed towards the collar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xavier said:

How far off the mark am I with this? Tried to match the kit with the style of the crest as much as I can. The double stripes on the shoulder kind of give off a hockey type jersey look. 

Thoughts?

Nike_CFC_H_PRES.thumb.png.d0927b51b72ad1c852f772605b2a9c2d.png

It's cool, I'd wear it.  I'd wear anything Cavalry at this point.  In terms of the sponsor (which doesn't really matter to your design), we feel like Telus will probably continue from Foothills FC onto the Cavalry kit, if that helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Xavier said:

I fear a single stripe may not be “hockey” enough for the effect I was looking for. But I can try it see if it looks better visually.

I kind of had to pick between green and red for the kit. They seem to favour the green, but a white kit with red features could be the secondary kit. If they go with a full green and full red kit though that would be pretty cool and ballsy on their end.

Both red and green would make it look like a Christmas sweater, almost à la Minnesota Wild.

Thanks for the feedback though! You’re awesome.

No problem, Xavier - glad to help where I can! Keep up the great work!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading Tommie Wheeldon's quotes after the semi's, you'd think Ali Musse will be in next years roster. Can't find the text atm but he talked about him having "next-level qualities". I mean, there's only one next level right? I hope they can go out with a bang. 

 

Edited by shamrock
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ottawa, Calgary and to a lesser extent FC Edmonton are very well poised to be the best teams in the league next year. Unfortunate FC Edmonton couldn't have played in the PDL this season but their academy should still be a big advantage. There has to be atleast 6 guys on the Foothills roster who will compete for starting spots with Cavalry FC, and will be very familiar with each other. Other teams are going to have to splash the cash or hope for some sort of breakout star to save them in season one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2018 at 1:36 AM, shamrock said:

Reading Tommie Wheeldon's quotes after the semi's, you'd think Ali Musse will be in next years roster. Can't find the text atm but he talked about him having "next-level qualities". I mean, there's only one next level right? I hope they can go out with a bang. 

 

Rob Gale never mentioned names but said there are a few Winnipegers playing in the PDL that will probably be in the CPL next year. Musse and Danto are the 2 that came to my mind. This discussion was before Farago left Ireland, I would add him to the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I think we will see a good number of Calgary Foothills' current roster in CPL next year, although not necessarily all with Foothills. Guys like Haynes, Camargo, Zebie, Sarkaria, Danto and Musse will be in high demand in their local markets.

You mean Cavalry, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

You mean Cavalry, right?

No, I mean the players listed will play elsewhere in CPL. Haynes and Camargo with York 9 / Forge, Zebie and Sarkaria with Edmonton, and Danto and Musse with Valour would be my guess. 

And others on the roster will play with Cavalry. Ledgerwood, Carducci, Adekugbe, Pasquotti, Zator and Serban for sure. Not sure what the depth of the league looks like yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shermanator said:

No, I mean the players listed will play elsewhere in CPL. Haynes and Camargo with York 9 / Forge, Zebie and Sarkaria with Edmonton, and Danto and Musse with Valour would be my guess. 

And others on the roster will play with Cavalry. Ledgerwood, Carducci, Adekugbe, Pasquotti, Zator and Serban for sure. Not sure what the depth of the league looks like yet.

I got that, but you said although not necessarily all with Foothills. I thought you meant Cavalry there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I would expect that about 7-8 players from this team will be in CPL next year.  They really benefited from FC Edmonton not fielding a roster this year with some guys too good for PDL.  Winning the championship featured the talent there nicely and the teams in the league I’m sure took notice.  

Maybe even more. Their roster has roughly that many with pro experience in USL,and I'm sure they want to lock up some youth too

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Foothills also benefited from the Whitecaps not fielding a USL team this season, lots of talent gravitated from their setup. With lots of talent with USL experience already I expect to see a lot of players making the move to the CPL side. For instance it will be interesting to see where Sergio Carmago ends up, does he stay in Calgary or end up coming back east?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Until the CPL releases it's actual, full method for player acquisition in year 1, I'd say it's premature to guess at how many players off of Foothills will be making the transition to the Calgary team.  We have no idea how claims on players will work, and it's possible that other teams might be able to sign/claim the Foothills players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Until the CPL releases it's actual, full method for player acquisition in year 1, I'd say it's premature to guess at how many players off of Foothills will be making the transition to the Calgary team.  We have no idea how claims on players will work, and it's possible that other teams might be able to sign/claim the Foothills players.

If we didn't speculate and make guesses at a lot of the CPL stuff, there would be a lot of crickets around here I think

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cblake said:

The Foothills also benefited from the Whitecaps not fielding a USL team this season, lots of talent gravitated from their setup. With lots of talent with USL experience already I expect to see a lot of players making the move to the CPL side. For instance it will be interesting to see where Sergio Carmago ends up, does he stay in Calgary or end up coming back east?

This is very true.  No WFC2 was huge for them.  

There are so many players on this club that should end up in the CPL.  It was a championship team and Ledgerwood - their most notable player - wasn't playing.  Some of the former WFC2 players weren't even able to make regularly into the starting 11.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...