Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rheo

Cavalry FC launch/2019 off season thread

Recommended Posts

That set-back is disgraceful, how in god's name can they honestly think that is at all acceptable? 

To me it looks like they have a bunch of fat asses who want to sip on their drinks in the clubhouse, and have a free view of a distant stadium they can hardly see and would obviously barely care about (if you care about a game, you have to be minimally close enough to see it, otherwise it is cynical as hell). And that conditions 20% of their capacity and ambience. Terrible.

I hope MediaPro tells them they are setting themselves up as the laughing stock of world football, because I can tell you: show that anywhere in the world, and they'll laugh their asses off at Cavalry for no other reason. 

Just put a stand along that line and grow up you pusses!

 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest concern with this club was definitely the weak backline, but Mason Trafford surely spruces it up. 

 

Personally, I'd start Zator at CB with Trafford, making Serban slide over to Right back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I must admit, I was a bit taken aback at the pricing of Cavalry tickets. If they can sell them at that price then good for them, but I definitely think they are very overpriced for the product I am expecting. You can watch the EPL for less than $87.50 per ticket!

Non-Member-Ticketing-Fact-Sheet-Web.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

I must admit, I was a bit taken aback at the pricing of Cavalry tickets. If they can sell them at that price then good for them, but I definitely think they are very overpriced for the product I am expecting. You can watch the EPL for less than $87.50 per ticket!

The plane ticket to get you to an EPL game would set you back a few more bucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dsqpr said:

I must admit, I was a bit taken aback at the pricing of Cavalry tickets. If they can sell them at that price then good for them, but I definitely think they are very overpriced for the product I am expecting. You can watch the EPL for less than $87.50 per ticket!

 

For perspective...

I am going to Craven Cottage in a couple of weeks to watch Fulham host Liverpool in the league. I'm sitting in the fifth row, midfield in the Johnny Haynes Stand for a cool 75 GBP. At the end of March, I'm watching Liverpool play Spurs at Anfield. For 2 seats towards the back of the Kenny Dalglish Stand,  again, close to midfield, I'm paying just under 100 GBP.

The prices I'm paying are face value for the tickets. At Craven Cottage, the seat was purchased from the club in the Members' Sale by a mate of mine. At Anfield, the seats are a good mate's family season tickets.

1 GBP = $1.75 CAD (according to XE.com, 2 minutes ago)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
51 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

For perspective...

I am going to Craven Cottage in a couple of weeks to watch Fulham host Liverpool in the league. I'm sitting in the fifth row, midfield in the Johnny Haynes Stand for a cool 75 GBP. At the end of March, I'm watching Liverpool play Spurs at Anfield. For 2 seats towards the back of the Kenny Dalglish Stand,  again, close to midfield, I'm paying just under 100 GBP.

The prices I'm paying are face value for the tickets. At Craven Cottage, the seat was purchased from the club in the Members' Sale by a mate of mine. At Anfield, the seats are a good mate's family season tickets.

1 GBP = $1.75 CAD (according to XE.com, 2 minutes ago)

"Just under" £100 for two seats comes out to "just under" $87.50 CAD per seat! Exactly my point!

Here are Everton's season ticket prices for 19 EPL matches next season. To get an equivalent in CAD, multiply by 1.38 (assumes 1.75 exchange GBP to CAD and factors in 19 matches instead of 15; in other words, 1.75 ÷ 19 × 15 = 1.38).

Main Stand: £550 ~= $760 CAD.

Everton are one of the longest standing top flight teams in England: Longer than Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea (but not Arsenal!).

MSEA0074 ST Price Announcement HeaderFacebookTwitter 1920x1080px_V6.jpg

Edited by dsqpr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

Those are not season ticket prices. Here are Everton's season ticket prices for 19 EPL matches next season. To get an equivalent in CAD, multiply by 1.38 (assumes 1.75 exchange GBP to CAD and factors in 19 matches instead of 15; in other words, 1.75 ÷ 19 × 15 = 1.38). 

MSEA0074 ST Price Announcement HeaderFacebookTwitter 1920x1080px_V6.jpg

Actually, the price I'm paying for the seats is the pro-rata season ticket price. My friends are charging me what the seats cost them, with no mark up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Actually, the price I'm paying for the seats is the pro-rata season ticket price. My friends are charging me what the seats cost them, with no mark up.

In that case I'm fairly certain it is "just under" £50 per ticket, which is "just under" $87.50 CAD. To watch the EPL! At Anfield! Liverpool vs Tottenham!

My guess is that CPL will be approximately National League standard, and I don't necessarily mean the Premier Division. Not that I care about that: I am positively delighted we have a league, whatever the standard, but I will be amazed if Cavalry can get away with pricing it higher than EPL!

Edited by dsqpr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

The plane ticket to get you to an EPL game would set you back a few more bucks

This is hardly a valid point. Someone in England could make exactly the same argument about watching CPL. I think is is fair to compare ticket prices without factoring in travel costs, which are entirely individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you're comparing the price of a single section in Calgary with what is a close-to-average non-hospitality ticket price at Anfield. The vast majority of seats at Spruce Meadows will be significantly cheaper than their equivalent in most Premier League grounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

But you're comparing the price of a single section in Calgary with what is a close-to-average non-hospitality ticket price at Anfield. The vast majority of seats at Spruce Meadows will be significantly cheaper than their equivalent in most Premier League grounds.

I'm comparing the "good seats" in both places. Not the best, no hospitality in either case.

Everton: $760. Cavalry: $1,312.50. Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, Pottsy3 said:

My biggest concern with this club was definitely the weak backline, but Mason Trafford surely spruces it up. 

 

Personally, I'd start Zator at CB with Trafford, making Serban slide over to Right back. 

I see what you did there ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dsqpr said:

I'm comparing the "good seats" in both places. Not the best, no hospitality in either case.

Everton: $760. Cavalry: $1,312.50. Wow.

Actually, at Barça if you have a  fixed seat (it is not really season's tickets, it is a seat for life), you can pay that or less easily, it is a similar kind of spread except in the very most expensive seats. So what you are saying goes across the board, I think for many major clubs across Europe: it is not expensive. 

Individual tix are way different at Camp Nou, the face value official price on my seat at the first clásico this season, last November, was 499€, or about the price of a season at Goodison Park! I am actually going to see Barça for 'free' this season, but that is another story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dsqpr said:

I'm comparing the "good seats" in both places. Not the best, no hospitality in either case.

Everton: $760. Cavalry: $1,312.50. Wow.

Not sure if you classify first row seats good, but mine are only $17 a game/$250 for the year.  Sure I'm not watching Premiership/Barca guys, but I'm okay paying that.  Maybe I'm just corporate Calgary?  

I can say though, Spruce Meadows does have better food and beer than Camp Nou, though Winnipeg will probably beat Spruce Meadows with their access to Rum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaliCanuck said:

I can say though, Spruce Meadows does have better food and beer than Camp Nou, though Winnipeg will probably beat Spruce Meadows with their access to Rum.

Camp Nou has terrible food, hardly any locals eat there. You are supposed to eat somewhere else, like in a restaurant--or at home. Many bring baguette sandwiches.

And of course in Spain there is no alcohol in sporting events, of any kind. 

Back to the point: I think at the low end, you have to have a floor, maybe even for the league, maybe it averages out around that, 15-20. If you are paying that, no need to complain, it is reasonable to think in New Zealand or Faroe Islands you do that too. The problem is the high end, because what the hell is a high end experience at CPL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HaliCanuck said:

Not sure if you classify first row seats good, but mine are only $17 a game/$250 for the year...

...and the limited number of those cheap seats will no doubt be long gone by the time tickets are on sale for single games. The issue is that at least half of the tickets appear to be $52.50 and up, while players are coming in from Dulwich Hamlet and Launceston City.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

...and the limited number of those cheap seats will no doubt be long gone by the time tickets are on sale for single games. The issue is that at least half of the tickets appear to be $52.50 and up, while players are coming in from Dulwich Hamlet and Launceston City.

So many ways to look at this . . .  seeing most of us won't be watching the Launceston City keeping backing up on the bench on game days (just a guess, maybe that's your thing), I'll go with the Dulwich Hamlet fellow if we're talking quality of play.  Watching him on game days would have cost me $24 to stand behind a stanchion looking around people's heads in London. Is the rest of the talent on the team worth twice as much at $52/game? You could also make the case that you could watch much of Cavalry Dulwich Hamlet style a few kms away from Spruce Meadows last season for $60 for the year.  However less tickets were sold for a game than they already have for season tickets in 2019, so are people paying for quality of play?

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The problem is the high end, because what the hell is a high end experience at CPL?

If you're looking at the $225/game tickets that are that far away from the pitch, then are you really there for the game?  Unnamed Trialist already called that side the "laughing stock of world football", so I think we can all agree its not a good vantage point.  So you're high end experience is all about the nice building with the ambiance and hopefully a really good meal.  So comparatively you're probably paying $25 for a covered seat and $200 for lunch with all your corporate friends.  

For an $87.50 ticket in the stands, an equivalent seat for a Stampeders CFL game s $128.25, or $120 for the Stampede Rodeo.  Respective talent level of each sport aside, rightly or wrongly that's the price of a summer sporting event in Calgary. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...