Cavalry FC launch/2019 off season thread

38 minutes ago, HaliCanuck said:

If you're looking at the $225/game tickets that are that far away from the pitch, then are you really there for the game?  Unnamed Trialist already called that side the "laughing stock of world football", so I think we can all agree its not a good vantage point.  So you're high end experience is all about the nice building with the ambiance and hopefully a really good meal.  So comparatively you're probably paying $25 for a covered seat and $200 for lunch with all your corporate friends.  

Would it be unreasonable to assume this family already has an extensive list of corporate clients and high net worth individuals who they can count on with confidence for taking these seats? I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

2 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Would it be unreasonable to assume this family already has an extensive list of corporate clients and high net worth individuals who they can count on with confidence for taking these seats? I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

That is the only reason I give Cavalry the benefit of the doubts. The spruce Meadows organization is high class. If there is anywhere in Western Canada where you can price stuff like that, it is there. I hope it works out for them.

Preseason roster released..

Trialists include Mauro Eustaquio, Danny Deakin (former Orlando B ), Dane Domic.

No sign of Gabriel Bitar.  What is going on there?  How is the #1 pick not even going to camp?  Maybe his rights were flipped to Forge or York - let’s hope.  

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

Preseason roster released..

Trialists include Mauro Eustaquio, Danny Deakin (former Orlando B ), Dane Domic.

No sign of Gabriel Bitar.  What is going on there?  How is the #1 pick not even going to camp?  Maybe his rights were flipped to Forge or York - let’s hope.  

Have to think Mauro Eustaquio with his pedigree is a lock for the final roster.

Year   GP MIN G A Club LEA GP MIN G A   GP MIN G A   GP MIN G A   GP MIN G A
Hamilton Malyk 2019           Cavalry FC CanPL                                      
Hamilton 1999 2018           Toronto FC USL 3 105                                  
Hamilton Canada 2018           Toronto FC L1O 6 448 1   Cup 2 129 2                      
Hamilton Midfield 2018           West Ham U18 PL 8 326 0 1                              
    2017           West Ham U18 PL 13 353 1 0 PL2 1 4 0 0           PO 4 148 0 0
Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

2 hours ago, Razcal said:

They really messed up the upper tier ticket pricing.

How dumb is it going to look when the ends of the pitch, yet next to nobody sitting in the middle 2/3.

Walk-ups aren't going to buy tickets that cost that much.

I feel that the location of the stadium largely discourages walk-ups.

“One of the pieces we’re working on is a very exciting winger from a Central American country, a left winger we’ve been after and we’re quite excited with him,” Wheeldon Jr. continued, adding the club has agreed to terms with the player.

The club is anticipating having the player on-boarded by the time Cavalry FC continues its preseason in the Dominican Rep. next month.