Jump to content
Rheo

York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

Recommended Posts

So as a point of reference  the new Toronto pro rugby union team the Toronto Arrows had 3081 people in attendance at their home opener at York University ‘S Alumni Field . Will York 9 get this much or more for their home opener at  York University’s other stadium the Pan Am stadium close by ? The rugby team is playing an eight game home schedule 4 at York Alumni Field and the other 4 home games at Lamport Stadium . Remember similar to York 9 having to deal with not being the only pro soccer game in town in regards to TFC being in the Toronto area, the Rugby union Arrows have the Rugby League Wolfpack to deal with as well in terms of competition for people’s money in similar type sports . Therefore , both the Arrows and York 9 have similar obstacles to overcome in a way in terms of getting people in the seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1996 said:

So as a point of reference  the new Toronto pro rugby union team the Toronto Arrows had 3081 people in attendance at their home opener at York University ‘S Alumni Field . Will York 9 get this much or more for their home opener at  York University’s other stadium the Pan Am stadium close by ? The rugby team is playing an eight game home schedule 4 at York Alumni Field and the other 4 home games at Lamport Stadium . Remember similar to York 9 having to deal with not being the only pro soccer game in town in regards to TFC being in the Toronto area, the Rugby union Arrows have the Rugby League Wolfpack to deal with as well in terms of competition for people’s money in similar type sports . Therefore , both the Arrows and York 9 have similar obstacles to overcome in a way in terms of getting people in the seats.

Or you could buy a ticket, support it and let the whole thing play out.

If there are attendance problems, it's up to the team's marketing to adjust and figure it out which I'm sure the Jays marketing team are trying to address at this moment.

Sorry but I can only read do many time the millions different ways to convey pessimism about attendance. We get it already. 

The league did it's part by making the league, marketing did it's part and its an ongoing work...

How about we focus on doing ours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Or you could buy a ticket, support it and let the whole thing play out.

If there are attendance problems, it's up to the team's marketing to adjust and figure it out which I'm sure the Jays marketing team are trying to address at this moment.

Sorry but I can only read do many time the millions different ways to convey pessimism about attendance. We get it already. 

The league did it's part by making the league, marketing did it's part and its an ongoing work...

How about we focus on doing ours?

This is a discussion forum. Simply asking legitimate questions about the challenges that will face the league doesn't mean that people want to see it fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I was worried the other stand would never happen. It was a great crowd though, the bleachers were definitely full. 

If they continue to sell out (I'm sure that's a flexible term with bleachers seating) then the move to Lamport will allow then to get even more. I wonder what the long term stadium plan is, it can't be sharing every year I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

Is this our mystery man “Piña”?

https://www.transfermarkt.es/jose-gregorio-pina/profil/spieler/308804

Also, who does everyone think will be York 9’s starting striker(s)?

I would go with Cox, but the hype seems to have Adjei starting. And seeing as they'll have a CAM with Telfer playing that role (I prefer him at LW with Murofushi at CAM), I think we'll have one striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I would go with Cox, but the hype seems to have Adjei starting. And seeing as they'll have a CAM with Telfer playing that role (I prefer him at LW with Murofushi at CAM), I think we'll have one striker.

I think it’s the fact that Adjei scored a lot of goals last year, that’s hard to ignore. I agree that Telfer and Porter should be on the wings. If it’s a 4-2-3-1 then Murofushi should be the CAM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ams1984 said:

I think it’s the fact that Adjei scored a lot of goals last year, that’s hard to ignore. I agree that Telfer and Porter should be on the wings. If it’s a 4-2-3-1 then Murofushi should be the CAM. 

Agreed. I was really surprised to hear in that interview though that they want Telfer in a free role at CAM. Maybe it's just bs to throw Forge off lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zem said:

How many were they allotted? Sounds like it'll be a great atmosphere

I've been trying to look through Rocket Robin's archives, but can't find it at the moment. I remember Preben Ganzhorn had announced at the event that they were bringing 2000 (or was it 5000?) York fans to Hamilton. I remember thinking that this was overly optimistic at the time, but boy am I wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I tweeted the above.

Has anyone heard anything about the away day experience and approach for more "traditional" away day supporters.  Lots of mistakes in other organizations are hopefully gone for this big day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

 

I tweeted the above.

Has anyone heard anything about the away day experience and approach for more "traditional" away day supporters.  Lots of mistakes in other organizations are hopefully gone for this big day.

 

 

I heard at the kit launch for York 9 FC in Newmarket that the supporters would be in the first three rows of the travelling section (I assume that means the Generation IX members).  That would look great on television but maybe not for the family groups of  York 9 traveling fans behind them if they are waving oversized flags the entire 90 minutes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1200 was the expectation. The allotment would be for how ever many season ticket holders the club has. If Y9 did indeed sell out its entire allotment, that would insinuate all the season seat holders redeemed their ticket by the deadline earlier this week so the question is, how many season seat holders does the club have? That will tell you the allotment.

Edited by Macksam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...