York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

I like how the number "9" is not assigned to a particular player --- I can imagine many people getting a kit with the name "YORK" and number "9" underneath.......could become a thing like people who buy a "FAN" "12" jersey for the Seattle Seahawks which is their most popular jersey number to sell (ie. 12th man)......if anyone uses that idea, just remember that I clearly came up with it first.....(trademark/patent pending.....ha ha ha)

48 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

I like how the number "9" is not assigned to a particular player --- I can imagine many people getting a kit with the name "YORK" and number "9" underneath.......could become a thing like people who buy a "FAN" "12" jersey for the Seattle Seahawks which is their most popular jersey number to sell (ie. 12th man)......if anyone uses that idea, just remember that I clearly came up with it first.....(trademark/patent pending.....ha ha ha)

I personally hate it. The number 9 is one of those numbers that should always be available.

Edited by Vince193

Ben Z answered some questions of mine at the York 9 FC kit reveal Thursday night about the away game against Forge FC.

I can see my season's tickets for York 9 on the CPL app but not the away game.   Ben said that's because the tickets (expecting 1200 travelling supporters! wow!) will be distributed when you get on the bus.  

For those who make it to the stadium on their own, there will be a York 9 booth in the parking lot where we will be able to pick up our tickets (our names will be on a list).  My advice....better bring ID.  

There will also be four pick up spots for the buses including Pioneer Village subway station.  Drivers will be able to park at the 'shopping mall' stop pick ups without worry of being towed. When he said the names of the pick up points will be on the website tomorrow, I stopped writing them down.  Pioneer Village TTC from what I've seen has nowhere to park.  

The kits look really nice on paper in the Macron mockups, but less so when you see it on a live photo or a video. I think it's because the mockups have the kits looking darker than it actually is. I was watching the kit launch yesterday on the TV and my friend said she thought the York 9 looked the worst because of the colours, too neon green.

Edited by ironcub14

10 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

For those who make it to the stadium on their own, there will be a York 9 booth in the parking lot where we will be able to pick up our tickets (our names will be on a list). 

Rather get our tickets ahead of time, I don't want a stupid line-up.

Good to see you last night Robin.  I thought it was a nice little event and am overall happy with the jerseys.  I think the 90's style kit is really "in" right now and the white primary captures it.  Might look silly once minimalism returns again, but if we're laughing at this kit in ten years, hey, at least the league is still around. :)

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

^^^Graphic is a bit strange given he's a goalkeeper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Ingham

Obviously but thanks tips.

I'm sure once the GK jerseys are available I'll be able to buy a Di Chara crested one because they'll use the same drop down player menu for all jerseys. Standard for lots of online shops.

Capture2.PNG

17 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Cool! Which one did you go for? Home or away?

I went for the home shirt, it was a close one! Hope I get it in time for the kick off match, but I'm not sure about that. I may have to find an illegal stream to watch it here though :/. 

I was dabbling with the idea to come out to Hamilton for it, but my dad has been in hospital for the last couple weeks, and struggling with dementia. So it may not be until the a couple of seasons or so until I make the trip.

1 minute ago, StillOnFire said:

I went for the home shirt, it was a close one! Hope I get it in time for the kick off match, but I'm not sure about that. I may have to find an illegal stream to watch it here though :/. 

I was dabbling with the idea to come out to Hamilton for it, but my dad has been in hospital for the last couple weeks, and struggling with dementia. So it may not be until the a couple of seasons or so until I make the trip.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, a neighbor of mine has dementia, it’s really tough. I really like the home one too, though I think both are great. Regarding streaming, I think I heard that the onesoccer.ca app (I think that’s what it’s called) is globally available... not 100% sure, but I think you might be able to subscribe and watch from where you are.

1 minute ago, Ams1984 said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad, a neighbor of mine has dementia, it’s really tough. I really like the home one too, though I think both are great. Regarding streaming, I think I heard that the onesoccer.ca app (I think that’s what it’s called) is globally available... not 100% sure, but I think you might be able to subscribe and watch from where you are.

Yeah, it's difficult, but you just got to do what you can. I will check out OneSoccer, I would rather contribute to help the league in some shape or form then use illegal streams anyhow.  I really like most of the kits, except the Hamilton away kit, I think the grey and orange just reminds me too much of the odd Chelsea away shirt from the 90s.

20 hours ago, Vince193 said:

I personally hate it. The number 9 is one of those numbers that should always be available.

Oh wow.. this is a major fail. How is Brennan okay with this?  What a joke and it means nothing to the fans.  “Oh wow number 9 is reserved for us instead of a star striker yippee!!”.

20 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Well customization of the shirts were available for a price ($34 something?  I didn't write it down).  Maybe some fans could order a Number 9 and have their own name or nickname put on it?     "I want #9 and the name across the shoulders to read Vince".  

I saw plenty of TFC shirts over the years with names of non-players that I found less silly than 300 lb men in XXX-Large 'Giovinco' shirts.   

19 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

Ben Z answered some questions of mine at the York 9 FC kit reveal Thursday night about the away game against Forge FC.

I can see my season's tickets for York 9 on the CPL app but not the away game.   Ben said that's because the tickets (expecting 1200 travelling supporters! wow!) will be distributed when you get on the bus.  

For those who make it to the stadium on their own, there will be a York 9 booth in the parking lot where we will be able to pick up our tickets (our names will be on a list).  My advice....better bring ID.  

There will also be four pick up spots for the buses including Pioneer Village subway station.  Drivers will be able to park at the 'shopping mall' stop pick ups without worry of being towed. When he said the names of the pick up points will be on the website tomorrow, I stopped writing them down.  Pioneer Village TTC from what I've seen has nowhere to park.  

Isn't Pioneer Village the one with the big commuter parking lot just north of Steeles?

#96 Jose Pina

I found two players who fit with this name:

https://www.transfermarkt.fr/jose-pina/profil/spieler/71475

José Jonathan Pina Gutierrez. 29 years old mexican midfielder who played 16 games in Liga MX between 2007 and 2012. He also played 5 games for the U-23 mexican team. According to transfermarkt, he is not attached to a club since 2013.

https://www.transfermarkt.fr/ricardo-pina/profil/spieler/310691

Ricardo José Piña Mujíca. 22 years old venezuelan midfielder. He played in venezulan first division between 2014 and 2018 with stint in czech first division in 2017. According to transfermarkt, he signed in czech republic third division one week ago.

15 minutes ago, Alex234 said:

#96 Jose Pina

I found two players who fit with this name:

https://www.transfermarkt.fr/jose-pina/profil/spieler/71475

José Jonathan Pina Gutierrez. 29 years old mexican midfielder who played 16 games in Liga MX between 2007 and 2012. He also played 5 games for the U-23 mexican team. According to transfermarkt, he is not attached to a club since 2013.

It's most likely the Mexican guy, he also played in the Venezuela Premier Division in 2013/14, but I can't find anything else on where he's been since (his birthdate is wrong in the ESPN bio, but it's him).

http://www.espnfc.com.au/player/84139/jose-jonathan-pina-gutierrez

EDIT: Never mind, ESPN just fucked up; that was a Venezuelan player named José Gregorio Piña Flores and they just mistook him for José Jonathan Piña Gutiérrez.

It's possible he's been playing in the mexican lower divisions, like the Liga Premier (the third tier) which would explain why you can't find anything about him online.

Edited by Zem

My take on the @York9FC kit reveal in Newmarket.  Also includes my interview with Emilio Estevez Tsao and I ask the elephant in the room question (or should I say Mighty Ducks?) about having a movie star name. pics and sound bytes of the presentation included.   Also who wears each # kit. 

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york080.htm  

Edited by Rocket Robin
corrected link