York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

Just now, Blackdude said:

Not really. It took them less than 5 minutes to say it was an April Fools'. 

i mean the april fools prank has been negatively received. given some fans attitudes on the cpl, i'm surprised no one is praising this as a work of art.

2 hours ago, matty said:

surprised some people aren't like "haha they got us. what a brilliant marketing move"

It would have been a better April Fool's joke if they didn't set this up with yesterday's message saying "massive announcement tomorrow". Who sets up an April Fool's joke that way? If they just did this thing out of the blue I would have smiled and thought it was clever but by pre-cursing it with yesterday's announcement? ......?

I liked the story out of Brighton and Hove today though, that is how you do it:

¡https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2019/04/01/brighton-hove-albion-to-leave-the-amex-and-build-an-80000-seater-stadium-in-lancing/

In Spain they do this on December 28th, the day of the Holy Innocents. Here is one of the best this last year,  when a Spanish league basketball team brought in an actor as their new signing, and he trained with them, the other players were freaking out:

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Got an e-mail from York9 about kit launch tomorrow.

https://york9fc.canpl.ca/kit-launch

We're pleased to invite you to our Inaugural Season Kit Launch Party.  
Please join us with your friends and family to witness a historic night.

Please click on the image above to RSVP by Monday, April 2 @12 pm Sharp.
*Registration is required for attendance. Limited Capacity.

York 9 Football Club
info@York9Football.Club
Canadian Premier League    
…...……………………...…………………………………………...………...…………...………......……………………...……………………………………………….
And that arrived in my in box at 3:23pm on Monday April 1st (oh is that the joke?) the 2nd is actually Tuesday!  
Or is the joke that registration is already over!  I tried and it received an automated 'we'll be contacting you'. Hopefully they mean register by Tuesday April 2nd at noon and the e-mail was just prepared by the person who prepared the design of thousands of team postcards of the York 9 FC home matches schedule for Alumni Field (OK I give them the stadium switch may have been unknown at the time) but their first game against Blainville listed as 'Saturday May 22 Time TBD' and then had the Saturday Sharpied out because that is a Wednesday!  

3 hours ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Everyone on Instagram likes the the joke.  Maybe we have some awful sense of humour or something...

Ben Fisk said the same thing. Apparently we're more sharp on Twitter.

I'd guess it has something to do with them maybe not saying they have an announcement today on Instagram?

13 hours ago, Macksam said:

No, it’s tomorrow now. They probably decided to bump it up last second to make up for today’s April Fool’s shit show lol ?

What time do you reckon it's launched then? I can't find this info anywhere ?