York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

This will be my last post on this matter. 

I was explaining this mess to another V who travels the country for both the men and women, but doesn't visit this site because it's a shit show. I think i found a reasonable solution.

Ban him from the CPL sub forum until April 28th. Let us enjoy the build up in peace then he can rejoin after the league has actually played a match. 

i don't get why @admin doesn't use a 3 strike suspension model (3 days, a week, gone) for stuff like spamming, trolling, ect.

i get he wants to be a free speech champion but i would say r/canpl is going to take over as the dominant forum for canadian soccer fans and unlike here they do moderate (deleting comments, reporting users who do bad things no matter how high profile in sg circles) and keep stuff on topic.

Edited by matty

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:46 AM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

The problem with that line of argument is that they appear to be sending out tickets to all of their season ticket holders, which will no doubt have a designated seat number and will probably count towards the announced attendance regardless of whether they are actually used. The reason I inserted would as a weasel word in my reply to Kent above was more that arrangements on this appear to have been carried out ad hoc and the Forge are only selling season tickets and flex packs for the lower bowl so far so there is probably nothing rigidly carved in stone about 1000 having to be the York 9 ticket allocation. I'm sure the Forge would love to be able to remove the tarps from the second tier for this game. Any way you slice it York Region to Hamilton isn't exactly long distance travel so with free transport being provided 1000 is quite a modest expectation for their first ever game given a 15,000 seat SSS is still said to be in the works for this team.

Forge-Flex-Pack-564x730.jpg

I consider myself quite articulate but maybe my brain is just exhausted looking at countless case studies or my IQ has taken a hit from alcohol abuse, but could you re-phrase what you're trying to say here? 

On 2/1/2019 at 2:19 PM, admin said:

Well this is a good time to reiterate my deep commitment to free speech

I want to thank you for that.  And  a commitment to free speech is something that is maybe easy to do .. until it isn't. Like the situation we have now on this board. But that is when it is most critical. So thank you for doing it when it's hardest, but matters the most. If we ban people that disagree/annoy us then we should have the decency to change the name from "Forum" to something else.

As much as I disagree and am annoyed by BBTB too, he is not the one I want to see banned. The posts that cross the line in terms of being very mean and very personal are the ones I would like to see sanctioned in some way. For example, calling someone a "cunt" is totally out of line.

5 minutes ago, CanSuffer said:

I want to thank you for that.  And  a commitment to free speech is something that is maybe easy to do .. until it isn't. Like the situation we have now on this board. But that is when it is most critical. So thank you for doing it when it's hardest, but matters the most. If we ban people that disagree/annoy us then we should have the decency to change the name from "Forum" to something else.

As much as I disagree and am annoyed by BBTB too, he is not the one I want to see banned. The posts that cross the line in terms of being very mean and very personal are the ones I would like to see sanctioned in some way. For example, calling someone a "cunt" is totally out of line.

I reserve the right to call him that until he stops behaving like one, thanks.

32 minutes ago, CanSuffer said:

Agree with this 100%.

From what I heard at the York 9 pub night, we SSH will get round trip bus transportation from the new team sponsor 'The TOK Group', a ticket to the game, and "our own section".*

*I suspect away from other groups so it wouldn't surprise me if they even open one section in the upper deck even if it is for only that one game all season.  

Apologies for asking the question that elicited the response from BBTB that got people all upset. I really just want to know if anybody has heard season ticket holder numbers. Here were my assumptions/questions that I didn't elaborate on.

1. Expecting 1000 York fans.

2. All York STHs can have a ticket. Is this an opt in or does everyone get it regardless of whether they plan to use it or not?

3. Presumably between today and the season start there will be more season tickets sold.

4. How did they arrive at 1000 fans? If it's opt in, X% of STHs will opt in, and Y tickets already sold, plus Z tickets that will eventually be sold. X(Y + Z) ~ 1000?

And to answer a question from my earlier post, now we know that Calvary have sold 1100 season tickets so far. So we've got 3000 for Halifax, 1100 for Cavalry, and Pacific haven't started selling yet. I wonder what the other numbers are at.

6 hours ago, Tigers said:

Don't feel like reading back in this thread, where did the "1000 fans" come from? 

Just that York 9 is expecting 1000 travelling fans to the inaugural game.

And that info came from the mouth of Brennan in a couple articles on canpl.ca

Edited by Kent
More info

13 hours ago, Kent said:

https://canpl.ca/article/york9-fcs-brennan-eager-to-player-spoiler-in-cpl-opening-905-derby-tilt

...The York Region-based outfit expects around 1,000 travelling supporters for the inaugural match, which Brennan said serves his side well as his players look to draw on the support of their 12th man. He said he’s excited to see a sea of green in Hamilton, and affirmed his players will be more than ready for the occasion, even when surrounded by the orange-clad Forge FC support...

15 hours ago, Kent said:

I thought as much...  I don't think you can read anything into season ticket numbers from that. Seems like a guess to throw out a number about how many might make the trip.

58 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Read the article and Gogarty mentions his York University coach Carmine Isaaco as the York 9 assistant coach. This is the real coach of York 9 not this PR guy pretend coach Brennan who has  hardly coached at any level and when he has,  at TFC and Aurora of League 1 Ontario,  he has failed  miserably . Isaaco on the other hand has won many youth national championships coaching  different youth teams from the Toronto area and a number of national championships at the university level with York University.  The smartest move Brennan has done is bringing Isaaco on board the next smartest move Brennan can do is removing the title of head coach of York 9 before his name because he ain’t fooling the many people involved in soccer at all levels in the York Region and in the Toronto area who the real head coach of York 9 really is , he might fool the soccer fans who are soccer fans but are not involved in coaching or even in administrative wise in the southern Ontario area but he is not fooling the people involved in the game at all levels. Brennan should stick with trying to advertise the team throughout the the York Region area and wherever he could spread the word but leave the actual coaching part to someone who can actually coach and has had success , which I think Brennan will do even though he has the head coach title before his name , but he should just take that title away from his name because a lot of us in the know we realize who the real head coach will be .

Edited by 1996