York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

We've been HEARD!!!

Based on fan feedback, York9 Football Club is pleased to announce an update to our ticket programs at both stadiums at York University. The seating in the Grandstand (on the western side of Alumni Field and eastern side of York Lions Stadium) will be changed from General Admission to individually numbered seats.

This accomplishes two things the fans requested. Firstly, seating in this section will now be reserved for each match while maintaining the $399 price point for season tickets, Secondly, York9 now introduces a $299 price point for season tickets in sections 106 and 110.
FamilyZone-02-730x632.jpg

The money shot!
Dw9pFiGXQAEuIGc.jpg
Edited by Ansem

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/i-league-2018-19-fabricio-ortiz-leaves-gokulam-kerala

Fabricio Ortiz might be joining but it seems uncertain whether this is legit or fake news. He's played in India's D2, Jordan's D1, the NASL, and Argentina's D3. Reddit says he fell out of favour in India and isn't the best.

The sources are mad sketch. CPL Argentina said this in December

Edited by matty

https://york9fc.canpl.ca/article/york9-fc-signs-forward-cyrus-rollocks 

York 9 signs forward Cyrus Rollocks.  

I watched him play plenty through TFC III and TFC II up to the end of 2017.

2018 he was with Masters and of the seven Masters games I saw last year, he was always injured or not in the lineup.  I saw him once in preseason when for a short-notice L1O All Star team against Ottawa Fury in early March.  He was on the second half lineup.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o010.htm

On 1/15/2019 at 11:01 AM, Ansem said:

We've been HEARD!!!

Based on fan feedback, York9 Football Club is pleased to announce an update to our ticket programs at both stadiums at York University. The seating in the Grandstand (on the western side of Alumni Field and eastern side of York Lions Stadium) will be changed from General Admission to individually numbered seats.

This accomplishes two things the fans requested. Firstly, seating in this section will now be reserved for each match while maintaining the $399 price point for season tickets, Secondly, York9 now introduces a $299 price point for season tickets in sections 106 and 110.
FamilyZone-02-730x632.jpg

The money shot!
Dw9pFiGXQAEuIGc.jpg

I’m guessing season ticket sales for the Supporter’s section is going by well. I spoke with the ticket rep and they were lulling over whether they were going to have standing areas only or actual stands at the end zones. I guess since they are going well, they finally went with the latter. 

Sadly though, I will not be with the supporters....my friend said he has bad knees so we opted for more expensive seats in 102....?

28 minutes ago, Macksam said:

I’m guessing season ticket sales for the Supporter’s section is going by well. I spoke with the ticket rep and they were lulling over whether they were going to have standing areas only or actual stands at the end zones. I guess since they are going well, they finally went with the latter. 

Sadly though, I will not be with the supporters....my friend said he has bad knees so we opted for more expensive seats in 102....?

Wait, where did you get confirmation of bleachers in the supporter's section? Did the ticket rep confirm? Based on the last communication, it's just about introduction of assigned seating on the West grandstand and the introduction of the lower price point?

25 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Wait, where did you get confirmation of bleachers in the supporter's section? Did the ticket rep confirm? Based on the last communication, it's just about introduction of assigned seating on the West grandstand and the introduction of the lower price point?

Upon further review, perhaps I misspoke. I am on my sixth bottle of Amsterdam Blonde.

39 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I bet it's Kodai Lida, Japanese gotgame trialist. But hoping it's a bigger name from Asian - like Issey or Matt Lam would be cool in terms of a connection to my hometown

Just because Issey has a Japanese mother does not mean you should just assume he's "East", he was born in Calgary and lived in Vancouver as a kid. I don't think they'd make that mistake: he's not from Asia.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just because Issey has a Japanese mother does not mean you should just assume he's "East", he was born in Calgary and lived in Vancouver as a kid. I don't think they'd make that mistake: he's not from Asia.

I was thinking more in the sense that  the has lived and played in Penang for the past couple years. 

39 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Nakajima lived in Japan from age 3-10 and 16-19..lived in Canada 0-3 and his year in mls..hes just as much from Asia if not more than from Canada

Look, let him decide this, but the cliche "East = Asia" is pretty lame if you are in Canada.

His father told me a story about taking the kids to play in Stanley Park. And you are aware where his father is from? And where his family lives now? BTW it's east of Ontario.