York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

In Winnipeg the memberships are "effectively" free. Although you do have to pay the $50 up front, if you buy a ST the $50 is deducted from the cost, and if you don't buy a ST and don't want merchandise, they will refund your $50.

So, the membership itself effectively costs nothing.

And right on top of that, my article on York 9 is up. 

A couple tidbits that didn’t make it in - York 9’s member to season ticket holder conversion rate is 2.3 to 2.4. Also, they anticipate being sold out of the racing chair seats (of which there are 96) within the next week or two. 

https://the11.ca/membership-numbers-are-surging-for-york-9-but-team-still-has-a-ways-to-go/

Edited by rob.notenboom

Well wonder how this will come into play for York 9  up at York and their choice of dates and attendance, the Toronto Arrows 2019 Major League Rugby schedule was released this week. Another option for the ticket buying public who are looking for a fun afternoon out. 

181107-homeschedule.jpg?resize=1024,683&

Edited by Cblake

26 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Well wonder how this will come into play for York 9  up at York and their choice of dates and attendance, the Toronto Arrows 2019 Major League Rugby schedule was released this week. Another option for the ticket buying public who are looking for a fun afternoon out. 

181107-homeschedule.jpg?resize=1024,683&

The catch is that they have to watch rugby...

https://york9fc.canpl.ca/video/brennan-expects-york-university-standout-daniel-gogarty-to-come-straight-into-york-9-fc

Brennan regarding 3rd round pick Daniel Pritchard: “He had good pace. He caught my eye right away. I’m looking for specific players who have that. It was one of the reasons we went after him.”

It's comforting to know when your team has a manager who has a keen eye for talent pace. I don't know anything about this player, and hopefully he is good, but that was the only thing Brennan said about him, aside from saying you can tell he was trained in Europe. I guess that's probably code for "he has talent".

Edited by Kent

33 minutes ago, Kent said:

https://york9fc.canpl.ca/video/brennan-expects-york-university-standout-daniel-gogarty-to-come-straight-into-york-9-fc

Brennan regarding 3rd round pick Daniel Pritchard: “He had good pace. He caught my eye right away. I’m looking for specific players who have that. It was one of the reasons we went after him.”

It's comforting to know when your team has a manager who has a keen eye for talent pace. I don't know anything about this player, and hopefully he is good, but that was the only thing Brennan said about him, aside from saying you can tell he was trained in Europe. I guess that's probably code for "he has talent".

He probably said a lot more than that, but Larson had to keep the articles short and concise.

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I’ve gotta say, I find it hilarious that the Toronto region team is already the team with its fans complaining and making fun of their own manager. The league hasn’t even started and this team is under more pressure than any other team. 

Anything short of self-destruction under the weight of expectations will not do!

The growth in York 9's numbers has been fantastic. Whether the base purchasing deposits was there but not reported, or there was a surge in people and groups purchasing deposits, I have been pleasantly surprised by this turn of events. It also sounds like many ticket packages being purchased are of the more expensive variety, which is a good sign too.

For a while I questioned the way York 9 was conducting itself in terms of marketing and growth, but I'm quite happy to be wrong with the direction that the club appears to be heading in.