York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

28 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Yes I heard the interview too. I was skeptical they could pull it off. Glad I was proven wrong.

Now I'm even more excited to go there

Hopefully that image is from the architects though and not the marketing team... nothing has been touched yet at Lions Stadium though when I drove by last week

For all the Toronto based guys on here, who are at least thinking of going to minimum one game next year? Even if you don’t support York9 but you can see the opposing team and whichever Canadians are on eitheir the should any of them attract/catch your attention 

It’s okay going to the stadium as a neutral 

I did it at Russia 2018 and it was a lot of fun 

3 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

For all the Toronto based guys on here, who are at least thinking of going to minimum one game next year? Even if you don’t support York9 but you can see the opposing team and whichever Canadians are on eitheir the should any of them attract/catch your attention 

I put money down for York 9. I won't necessarily be a York 9 fan but I care about the league as whole.

Something MLS never could achieve. I never cared about the league nor its teams except Canadian clubs

10 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Live in North York and am a York U doctoral student, so the location is perfect. Have money down for membership and will be getting season tickets. I even made the call to drop my TFC tickets a couple weeks ago.... so this team better not go bust.

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

15 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

I'm in Hamilton,  not Toronto,  but will most likely go to Forge games against York9 as well. Also a Ticats STH and go to most Ticat-Argo games.

Also, I'm going to buy Ontario Arrows Rugby season tickets, so York will be my "home" stadium for that.

1 hour ago, Initial B said:

I'm sorry, but York9 is looking more and more like a "cult of Brennan". Is there anyone else in the organization besides him?

I think it's more that they seem to be banking on him being the face of the franchise (for now), despite the relatively little penetration that would have in the general population 

10 hours ago, Initial B said:

I'm sorry, but York9 is looking more and more like a "cult of Brennan". Is there anyone else in the organization besides him?

It really does seem to be all about him. "See the owner/manager play with his friends and former teammates against the club he used to manage/technically direct!"

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, Initial B said:

To be fair... it's a brand new organization! He has some good name recognition in the local soccer world, wouldn't you try to milk it a bit if you were running York 9 FC? I would. That being said, I fully expect that there will be signings soon, and others will slowly eat away at JB's time in the limelight.