York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

6 hours ago, tyler453 said:

That's one of the biggest points IMO. I do not want to pay $399 + taxes and fees to a 15-time free for all for the best seat in the grandstand. What about if I get up to get concessions? Do I lose my spot and have to find a new one? It's a possibility because there's no way of controlling where people sit. All seems like a hassle for $399+.

The most I want to pay for a GA seat in bleachers is 10-15 a game. It just seems crazy that a team in a tier one professional football league will have GA bleacher season seating in the first place. 

That is a huge factor for me.  Had the had tiered pricing or even started club seats at $399 I would have taken the plunge  most likely.  But to make me spend another $100/seat minimum just to ensure I have my own personal seat week after week just doesn't sit well with me.  

just picked up my ticket in the supporters section. Only spoke briefly about pricing concerns as I am sure they've heard it from others

Re: concerns abut sightlines at supporters section, apparently they think single file by the fence will fit 200 or so, and if they get more purchases they'll look at building bleechers
Surely it can't fit that many people?
anyways, they said I can upgrade if there's an issue later on

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Strange that this spike of interest is only happening in one market

Which happens to be the largest metro area

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

it's happening in the only market where there appears to be an issue with getting people to follow through and actually buy season tickets judging by what is being posted on here anyway. 

Hardly an indicator about what's happening out there.

Cheer for once instead of trying to spin everything negatively

There is no chance people are paying $50 membership fees.  They’re inflating their numbers (as all teams should be doing!!).  Think about it.. you give someone a free membership, how does that hurt you? You lose nothing and build hype.  Maybe the first smart move this organization has made removing that stain.

you would have to be ignorant to think they’ve overnight jumped up to a respectable number from 150..

Edited by Keegan

58 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Which happens to be the largest metro area

It being the largest metro area doesn't make it more likely to have a spike for no apparent reason in memberships. If anything the opposite would be true. If it was so likely to have a lot of memberships, why now and not originally?

My best guesses would be that it's either the availability of tickets to be purchased, or maybe there is something related to them targeting youth clubs. Like, maybe they had a window to buy memberships at a reduced price (or receive them free) that just recently opened up.

Anyways, it's good to see the raised numbers. Hopefully it translates to ticket sales!

Edited by Kent
Added "for no apparent reason" after spike.

16 minutes ago, Keegan said:

There is no chance people are paying $50 membership fees.  They’re inflating their numbers (as all teams should be doing!!).  Think about it.. you give someone a free membership, how does that hurt you? You lose nothing and build hype.  Maybe the first smart move this organization has made removing that stain.

you would have to be ignorant to think they’ve overnight jumped up to a respectable number from 150..

It definitely wasn’t overnight. I have been watching the numbers rise over the last week or two on twitter. There has been a researgance in every team’s numbers from what i can tell. Mostly because of released prices. They may be giving the memberships away for free, but if they are, it is working right now.

Just now, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

It definitely wasn’t overnight. I have been watching the numbers rise over the last week or two on twitter. There has been a researgance in every team’s numbers from what i can tell. Mostly because of released prices. They may be giving the memberships away for free, but if they are, it is working right now.

Well I would hope so! 

Didnt they have a promotion where youth teams got free membership?  And the numbers never went up?  Maybe this is just all those clubs being accounted for now that their seasons are done. 

Just got my Club + seats! I’ve been told that the ‘race car’ seats are almost sold out... it sounds like despite some people feeling that the prices are a bit high, the expensive stuff is flying off the shelves. I’m very excited about this club, and I’m starting to think that it might just be a success. No one has been signed yet, we haven’t seen jerseys, it’s a big leap of faith for the fans to pay this kind of money for an unknown, but I’ve been hearing very encouraging news about ticket sales. It looks a lot better than it did a couple of weeks ago... just wait until they sign some players (I’m told it’ll start happening in the next couple of weeks), and until the jerseys etc are revealed. I think they might fill the stadium (granted, it’s not huge, but 8k fans would be a massive success imo)

19 hours ago, tyler453 said:

That's one of the biggest points IMO. I do not want to pay $399 + taxes and fees to a 15-time free for all for the best seat in the grandstand. What about if I get up to get concessions? Do I lose my spot and have to find a new one? It's a possibility because there's no way of controlling where people sit. All seems like a hassle for $399+.

The most I want to pay for a GA seat in bleachers is 10-15 a game. It just seems crazy that a team in a tier one professional football league will have GA bleacher season seating in the first place. 

Just to address one part of this, the "fee" is a $10 admin fee.

11 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Strange that this spike of interest is only happening in one market and that it's happening in the only market where there appears to be an issue with getting people to follow through and actually buy season tickets judging by what is being posted on here anyway. 

I may get chastised for agreeing with BBTB - but 'strange' I think is a measured responsible term. I was thinking more along the line of something that comes from a Bull.....     lol

17 hours ago, Keegan said:

Well I would hope so! 

Didnt they have a promotion where youth teams got free membership?  And the numbers never went up?  Maybe this is just all those clubs being accounted for now that their seasons are done. 

Sound reasoning imo. 

15 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

Just got my Club + seats! I’ve been told that the ‘race car’ seats are almost sold out... it sounds like despite some people feeling that the prices are a bit high, the expensive stuff is flying off the shelves. I’m very excited about this club, and I’m starting to think that it might just be a success. No one has been signed yet, we haven’t seen jerseys, it’s a big leap of faith for the fans to pay this kind of money for an unknown, but I’ve been hearing very encouraging news about ticket sales. It looks a lot better than it did a couple of weeks ago... just wait until they sign some players (I’m told it’ll start happening in the next couple of weeks), and until the jerseys etc are revealed. I think they might fill the stadium (granted, it’s not huge, but 8k fans would be a massive success imo)

Maybe the pricing system is not turning people off like suspected. 

Maybe they hired a Joe Macmillan type as their head of sales to lead the charge.

BD70EDA5-00C6-41EB-A4A1-1AC6F729E9EF.jpeg

Edited by Macksam

8 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

I may get chastised for agreeing with BBTB - but 'strange' I think is a measured responsible term. I was thinking more along the line of something that comes from a Bull.....     lol

Membership numbers being released weeks ago, I was told were way off and Y9 had a lot more members than being reported.  I was also told Y9 were 'approaching things differently.'  There initial focus was not on selling memberships.  So maybe they are now reaping what they sowed.

8 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Over the summer the message the club employees gave to those reaching out in concern was that they weren't focused on selling the memberships like other clubs, they were focusing on selling the $399 packages to the youth club families. Given the way the membership post to twitter seemed to happen I don't think they were getting counted before, and now they are being added to the total

However, I doubt they are actually gaining 100 members a week  now...I bet they sold a bunch of season tickets in the youth section over the summer and are just thanking/adding them to the total in a stepwise fashion to demonstrate some momentum.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were still sitting at ~250 people who bought the $50 membership and 500-1000 who bought in the youth club section. Definitely more encouraging than what we have seen so far but unlikely it was a sudden surge 

Edited by Complete Homer

On 11/2/2018 at 3:49 PM, SpursFlu said:

Did York9 reach out or vice versa to the supporters group expelled from tfc? Seems like a natural fit

On 11/2/2018 at 4:16 PM, deschamp86 said:

York seems to be trying to build a family atmosphere based on their approach to youth clubs so I am not so sure it would be a natural fit

I think this is doubtful, seeing as the group itself is banned, but the individuals within the group are still backing, cheering and supporting TFC, just not in the traditional supporters section.

On 11/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Ansem said:

So....

You guys were saying...

I really hope that I was wrong.  I wish them nothing but success.  The healthier the teams, the better it is for the league.  I just wasn't happy or comfortable personally with the price points they were asking.  I also didn't like how the club handled the build up to this point.  It's all just my personal feeling.