York 9 2019 launch/offseason thread

Super slick website. For sure gives off a very professional vibe as should be expected, but I think they've done a better job than I expected. Really impressed with the launch and they're saying all the right things. I also actually like the name. When Jim Brennan explains it and says that they went with 9 as sort of an original take take on the "United" name we see so much of over here it really sold it for me. MLS has like 3 United's, a couple City's, a Sporting, a Real, and a Dynamo... So fake and cheap feeling. CPL is looking good so far.

8 minutes ago, Alex D said:

From the York 9 website it looks like their wooden stadium is being built by Bear Stadiums and will be modular. Check out the website for a better idea. www.bearstadiums.com 

yeahhh... that looks nice. 

4 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I have been paying attention to york 9 through this whole process but on their website it says they want a 15,000 seat stadium. Is this common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop or is this a surprise.

Yeah it was rumored that they wanted to build a 15K stadium. Today I think 12-15K was mentioned. So somewhere in that range probably.

5 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I have been paying attention to york 9 through this whole process but on their website it says they want a 15,000 seat stadium. Is this common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop or is this a surprise.

Couple of podcasts had the info leaked a couple of weeks ago so it’s pretty recent 

I already dislike the York 9 so much. The cringey presentation and spotlight on the "Generation IX" was an eye roller. 

Reading through their website, no player will wear the number 9 because it "will be reserved for, and worn exclusively by the supporters." 

The "technical philosophy of" play the right way, with the ball on the ground."

One of the official colours is "black on black."

Good lord.

Edited by ThatDaveCh

1 hour ago, ThatDaveCh said:

I already dislike the York 9 so much. The cringey presentation and spotlight on the "Generation IX" was an eye roller. 

Reading through their website, no player will wear the number 9 because it "will be reserved for, and worn exclusively by the supporters." 

The "technical philosophy of" play the right way, with the ball on the ground."

One of the official colours is "black on black."

Good lord.

And thus, a rivalry with Edmonton was born.

People from one of those podcasts, one with the woman and three guys I believe, had all this information leaked to them a week or so back. One particular piece of information they had on top of all this was a stadium rendering. Was there anything at the presentation?

Edited by Macksam

11 minutes ago, Macksam said:

People from one of those podcasts, one with the woman and three guys I believe, had all this information leaked to them a week or so back. One particular piece of information they had on top of all this was a stadium rendering. Was there anything at the presentation?

Nothing was presented at the launch beyond a desire for a 12-15k stadium.