CanPL COUNTDOWN

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I'm sorry that I didn't make what you consider to be "a very good comparison." However, if we just look at the 3 leagues that you mentioned, maybe you'll understand why these haven't yet announced their 2019 schedules:

1) MLB - The Red Sox only won the World Series less than four days ago.

2) MLS - The 2018 MLS playoffs just started yesterday.

3) CFL - The 2018 CFL regular season hasn't even finished yet.

Exactly. So the fact that the CPL hasn't announced their start date is in line with other professional sports leagues in North America. Thanks for making my point.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Exactly. So the fact that the CPL hasn't announced their start date is in line with other professional sports leagues in North America. Thanks for making my point.

God only knows what your point is? Perhaps the answer to that question lies in your eloquently worded and much lauded previous post; " I’m guessing they’ll waiting for a time that they feel will capture as much exposure as possible."

Clearly, you don't approved of me questioning when the CPL intends to announce its 2019 schedule of matches, and suggesting that doing so at an early date would be beneficial in generating public interest in their product. Fair enough. It's easy to say, Robert, you're wrong. It's a whole different ball of wax contributing a better solution. Give us a date that you think the CPL should use to announce its 2019 schedule. Perhaps 2 weeks before the start of the season? 3 weeks? A month?

Don't forget, the CPL originally planned to launch in 2018. So is it wrong to question if the CPL is ready this time around with less than 6 months to go before the last weekend in April of 2019? Fair question? No/ You tell me?

5 hours ago, Robert said:

God only knows what your point is? Perhaps the answer to that question lies in your eloquently worded and much lauded previous post; " I’m guessing they’ll waiting for a time that they feel will capture as much exposure as possible."

Clearly, you don't approved of me questioning when the CPL intends to announce its 2019 schedule of matches, and suggesting that doing so at an early date would be beneficial in generating public interest in their product. Fair enough. It's easy to say, Robert, you're wrong. It's a whole different ball of wax contributing a better solution. Give us a date that you think the CPL should use to announce its 2019 schedule. Perhaps 2 weeks before the start of the season? 3 weeks? A month?

Don't forget, the CPL originally planned to launch in 2018. So is it wrong to question if the CPL is ready this time around with less than 6 months to go before the last weekend in April of 2019? Fair question? No/ You tell me?

9 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

If you take the MLS for example, next years schedule is still unknown.  Historically the MLS will release the home openers for every club right before Christmas as "an early present".  They typically do not release the full schedule till early January.  So roughly 2 months prior to the start of the season.  I am not overly surprised that the CPL has not said anything about a schedule yet.  What is the point in releasing it 6 months ahead of time.  If they were to do that it would create a buzz for what.... a week maybe 2 then everything would fall flat.  It would make more sense to release the schedule mid to late January.  That way you can ride the buzz out longer with roster annoucements,  player bios, potential giveaways etc. etc, right into the start of the season.  

Is this the stupidest thread of 2018?

I am hijaking this thread for a serious discussion on the topic. 

To be the stupidest thread I think there should be some criterea. 

• It has to be stupid, obviously
  • Must have some staying power
  • Invoke other people to put actual work into responding
  • Contain elements of a crusade and a hint of the OP's narcissism for continued negative attention

58 minutes ago, admin said:

Is this the stupidest thread of 2018?

I am hijaking this thread for a serious discussion on the topic. 

To be the stupidest thread I think there should be some criterea. 

• It has to be stupid, obviously
  • Must have some staying power
  • Invoke other people to put actual work into responding
  • Contain elements of a crusade and a hint of the OP's narcissism for continued negative attention

Is it not sad when an Administrator feels the need to control and hijack a thread? Obviously, I've hit a sore spot.

16 minutes ago, Robert said:

Is it not sad when an Administrator feels the need to control and hijack a thread? Obviously, I've hit a sore spot.

No, it's not. 

What is sad is how much I let a small group of people damage this community over the last few years. 

Archived