CanPL COUNTDOWN

All great soccer competitions have countdowns that start at least one year prior to the day of the opening kick-offs. I have posted those of the FIFA RUSSIA 2018 and UEFA Champions League Final as an example below. Can any one tell me when the opening day kick-off for the CanPL 2019 will take place? All I can find on their website is that it will take place sometime in the spring of 2019, which is less than a year from now. Is there a countdown to a CanPL countdown? Come on CanPL don't leave this till the last day. Let's have the name of the competing teams, draw up a schedule, and let's get the ball rolling. There are many passionate soccer fans around the world who would like to know when Canada is finally going to launch a domestic soccer league!. 

http://canpl.ca/

cplsoccer

https://www.uefa.com/

UEFA Champions League
May 26, 2018 - Final
20 days to go

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/

TOURNAMENT STARTS IN:37DAYS23HOURS21MINUTES

Hublot watch

c

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Robert said:

Is there a countdown to a CanPL countdown? Come on CanPL don't leave this till the last day. Let's have the name of the competing teams

I see you linked canpl.ca, so you must know that there is a countdown to the name of the next team to be announced. Then there will presumably be a countdown to the team after that, etc. Maybe after all the teams are announced you will get your precious season start countdown.

2 minutes ago, DontPanic said:

I love when Robert starts a thread. Always has his finger on the pulse of the hottest issues of the day. 

That doesn't answer my question. How organized is the CanPL? Here's another example of what I'm looking for:

FIFA U-20 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP

TOURNAMENT STARTS IN

DAYS

HOURS

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

I see you linked canpl.ca, so you must know that there is a countdown to the name of the next team to be announced. Then there will presumably be a countdown to the team after that, etc. Maybe after all the teams are announced you will get your precious season start countdown.

What's up with the countdowns for naming one team at a time? Is that supposed to create excitement, or something? Why can't we for once follow in the footsteps of those who know how to organize competitions and manage professional soccer leagues?

Okay, I'll be the one who starts the countdown to the CanPL countdown. My prediction is that the CanPL will announce that they will start the official countdown for the 2019 CanPL season on March 21, 2019, the first day of Spring.

DAYS

HOURS

51 minutes ago, Robert said:

Okay, I'll be the one who starts the countdown to the CanPL countdown. My prediction is that the CanPL will announce that they will start the official countdown for the 2019 CanPL season on March 21, 2019, the first day of Spring.

DAYS

HOURS

I believe they have said they are aiming for April, not March.

2 hours ago, Robert said:

That doesn't answer my question. How organized is the CanPL?

OMG alert the media!!!! The CanPL is a fraud because they are too busy introducing actual teams to the country to bother with a cute marketing gimmick!!!!!

The amount of hate you have for the CanPL is truly astonishing. 

What's up with the countdowns for naming one team at a time? Is that supposed to create excitement, or something? Why can't we for once follow in the footsteps of those who know how to organize competitions and manage professional soccer leagues?

Some people just don't understand how marketing works.

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

Some people just don't understand how marketing works.

HA! That's really funny, considering it is coming from the one country on Earth that really knows how to sell soccer. Like what's the big deal with making these introductory club by club announcements. Is there a countdown to the deadline for teams entering the CanPL, or can I still enter a club on March 20, 2019, the day before the season starts? From where I sit, the CanPL is going way out of its way to prove that a professional national soccer league like their's will not work. My forecast: There will be less CanPL clubs left operating by the time the 2022 World Cup in Qutar kicks-off then when the inaugural CanPL season kicks offs in the "Spring" of 2019.

2 hours ago, ted said:

OMG alert the media!!!! The CanPL is a fraud because they are too busy introducing actual teams to the country to bother with a cute marketing gimmick!!!!!

There you go using the "H" word again. How can I hate something that doesn't exist?

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I believe they have said they are aiming for April, not March.

I guess I was being somewhat optimistic. Hey Summer doesn't officially start until June 20th, so let's add another 92 days to the countdown.

DAYS

HOURS

3 hours ago, ted said:

Do you hate me, Ted?:rolleyes:

Sorry, this is just a dumb thread.

At precisely the stage where league officials are starting to make concrete announcements and have given us timelines for some important future announcements, you come on here being critical that they aren't spoon feeding you a firm start date in a format you like?  Come on.  

It it is astonishing how some people on this site interpret the role of Canadian soccer supporter.

6 minutes ago, Robert said:

There you go using the "H" word again. How can I hate something that doesn't exist?

Wait, you are seriously starting thread after thread, criticising, "something that doesn't exist?"

That is illogical, bordering on absurd. Are you denying the existence of just the league or the staff as well? Is the whole thing a vast conspiracy invented by the CSA? Or perhaps the CSA doesn't exist either? Maybe FIFA is just some hacker in New Jersey?

Oh crap, maybe I'm not real either!  Existential crisis time!

But seriously...

No, I don't hate you. I admire what you did to overcome adversity in your life, and you have done a great service to the soccer community with your research into our history.

I pity you for the depth of your hatred, manifested in your obsession with attacking the CanPL, anyone who supports it, and myself in particular. The hatred on display in these threads is astonishing.

It is sad that you seem to feel that cutting yourself off from the good feeling of attending live football is a reasonable response to disagreement.

I really do wish you the best. 

HA! That's really funny, considering it is coming from the one country on Earth that really knows how to sell soccer. Like what's the big deal with making these introductory club by club announcements. Is there a countdown to the deadline for teams entering the CanPL, or can I still enter a club on March 20, 2019, the day before the season starts? From where I sit, the CanPL is going way out of its way to prove that a professional national soccer league like their's will not work. My forecast: There will be less CanPL clubs left operating by the time the 2022 World Cup in Qutar kicks-off then when the inaugural CanPL season kicks offs in the "Spring" of 2019.

That whole nonsense just prove how little you actually understand in regards to business and marketing.

I understand that most of you don't like what I'm saying. No problem. But if you're saying that there's no possible way that I could be right then it is your understanding in regards to business and marketing that is questionable. This has absolutely nothing to do with hate, at least not on my part. All I'm saying is that the CanPL won't work! And when I'm proven to be correct in making that statement, most of those who are pissed at me now, will still be pissed at me.

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

I understand that most of you don't like what I'm saying. No problem. But if you're saying that there's no possible way that I could be right then it is your understanding in regards to business and marketing that is questionable. This has absolutely nothing to do with hate, at least not on my part. All I'm saying is that the CanPL won't work! And when I'm proven to be correct in making that statement, most of those who are pissed at me now, will still be pissed at me.

Based on what?

22 minutes ago, Robert said:

We all know there is a very good chance it will fail. You don’t get a cookie for predicting it. I suggest you just enjoy the ride and do whatever you can to incrementally give the league a better chance of succeding.

23 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Based on what?

I've followed Canadian soccer for 49 years. I've researched and published a book on soccer. But above all else, my gut instinct, which is NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, wrong!

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

I've followed Canadian soccer for 49 years. I've researched and published a book on soccer. But above all else, my gut instinct, which is NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, wrong!

Did your gut instinct tell you it was a good idea in any way to start this thread? If it did, your gut is no longer undefeated.

26 minutes ago, Kent said:

We all know there is a very good chance it will fail. You don’t get a cookie for predicting it. I suggest you just enjoy the ride and do whatever you can to incrementally give the league a better chance of succeding.

I moved to Vancouver Island exactly a year ago to the day, and right now I have no intention of ever setting foot on the mainland again. If there's ever a CanPL match on the Island, I'll be sure to buy a ticket. Other than that, I wish the CanPL good luck, because they'll need it and then some. 

Archived