Canada vs New Zealand - March 24, 2018 - Friendly - IN- & POST-match thread [R]

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

How about none of us post on this forum in a game day thread again then? 

I have no problem with you.  Larin deserves criticism and I probably agree with a lot of your other comments.  Yours was just the one that 'hurt my butt' after reading a bunch of others.  Meant my response as a general one to a number of over the top Larin-sucks posts.  Not asking everyone to become Mr. Positivity and think Larin is the best ever.  There's a lot of middle ground between 'he sucks' and 'he's awesome'.

1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Only thing that I was dissapointed with Millar was he didn’t shoot on his left on that one chance could of been a great debut goal. Otherwise he was amazing.

Yes, I thought he should have taken it on his left when the chance was first on, there was a defender on the line and keeper to beat, maybe that's why he pulled it back, a great debut!

47 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

I don't get it but hopefully you find yourself amusing!

Oh dear, now I'm going to have to say it in plain English: Yes, facts can still be whining.

In any case, your post contained OPINIONS, not facts.

1 hour ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I have no problem with you.  Larin deserves criticism and I probably agree with a lot of your other comments.  Yours was just the one that 'hurt my butt' after reading a bunch of others.  Meant my response as a general one to a number of over the top Larin-sucks posts.  Not asking everyone to become Mr. Positivity and think Larin is the best ever.  There's a lot of middle ground between 'he sucks' and 'he's awesome'.

This.

2 hours ago, Wingback6 said:

22 years old, 23 international caps, and 87 senior club appearances, Larin is no longer a prospect. Davies and Millar are prospects.

Ageed.  What I meant was prospects to start for us at striker or maybe prospective starting strikers.  As in, Cavallini, Larin, and Jackson-Hamel all show promise as prospective starting strikers.  Hopefully they are all in good form next time we play a truly important  game not against a minnow (Gold Cup maybe?) and make Herdman's job difficult.  

52 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It’s like calling Piette a prospect.

Sam is one of the vets now.  I laugh every time I see him mentioned as one of our 'experienced international players'.  But it's true.  He's been in the program a long time.

Did you read in Gavin Day's post-game article that Sam has played for 7 CMNT coaches from the age of 17 to 23?  Trying to count offhand, I guess if you include interim coaches . . .

20 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Did you read in Gavin Day's post-game article that Sam has played for 7 CMNT coaches from the age of 17 to 23?  Trying to count offhand, I guess if you include interim coaches . . .

Including interim coaches, yes:

1. Stephen Hart

2. Tony Fonseca

3. Colin Miller

4. Benito Floro

5. Michael Findlay

6. Octavio Zambrano

7. John Herdman

10 minutes ago, The Ref said:

The Preacher must be walking on water.  He's just got a big arse.

The Word Man says: better to have one than to be one! :)

(Just having some fun with words, I like you really!)

Edited by dsqpr