Marcus Godinho

41 minutes ago, gator said:

Many on here are basing their opinion on him on the couple of matches they saw him play at the Gold Cup, he had a good spell with Hearts previously but was derailed by serious injury! He hasn't got back on track yet, maybe this move will help, I was surprised Herdman had him in the squad let alone starting him in a QF match!                             Here's some opinions from Hearts fans:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/183820-godhino-to-germany/

Gator, I think some of the always angry Jambos on Kickback are probably on holidays.  But I think the frantic nature of the Scottish game and how Hearts play might not have suited Marcus at the end of the day.

On 7/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

This is the kinda stuff that makes you scratch your head though and I was worried about earlier.  So now does Godinho remain a MNT regular call up?  Because before we seemed to be averse to calling B3 defenders even though it’s our weakest position. 

He could be the next Nik Ledgerwood. It would be great to have a handful of Canadians alongside him plying their trade in Germany and staying with clubs long enough to truly grow, a situation we seemingly had for years for a good decade or so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Godinho suffered a fracture in his left hand in the match against FCK yesterday and is listed as questionable for Zwickau's game against Wurzburger on the weekend. We'll see soon enough if this has an impact on a potential call-up for the Nations League games.

2 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Godinho suffered a fracture in his left hand in the match against FCK yesterday and is listed as questionable for Zwickau's game against Wurzburger on the weekend. We'll see soon enough if this has an impact on a potential call-up for the Nations League games.

If they bothered to list him as questionable, perhaps he wasn’t called?

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

If the bothered to list him as questionable, perhaps he wasn’t called?

Good observation.  I'm sure, soon enough, he can still play with a brace.

I hope he starts getting consistent minutes soon for his club. I 100% want to see him for the U23 Olympic qualifying squad and I still believe he has a bright future for us long term.

• 2 months later...

He is getting good minutes in Germany and praise from the coaches; back on Herdman's radar. He was named to the "erweiterte Aufgebot (extended squad)" for the Nov 15th Orlando game.

http://www.liga-drei.de/fsv-zwickau-godinho-bald-wieder-fuer-kanada/

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 9 months later...

Is Godinho still with Zwickau? Looks like they have a couple friendlies next week. Looking at his Instagram he has been touring around Portugal all off-season. 

If I was a Zwickau fan, I wouldn't be too impressed. Team barely avoided relegation, maybe try and get some training in.

27 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Is Godinho still with Zwickau? Looks like they have a couple friendlies next week. Looking at his Instagram he has been touring around Portugal all off-season. 

If I was a Zwickau fan, I wouldn't be too impressed. Team barely avoided relegation, maybe try and get some training in.

Has one more year on his contact. 

28 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

God forbid somebody take a vacation after the end of a long season. 🙄

• 3 months later...

Seems to have suffered a ligament injury.

https://www.liga3-online.de/fsv-zwickau-frick-spricht-klartext-hinrunden-aus-fuer-godinho/

https://twitter.com/FSVZwickau/status/1329742922917572612

"has torn the syndesmosis ligament in his left ankle"

Last time he got released from his club to play at Camp Poutine 2020 in California. He won't be at Camp Poutine 2021 unless there is a miracle.

All the best to him.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

If ZBG is with the senior squad we still have Johnston and Godinho for the u23s.

It looks like Godinho is back!

He played a full match for Zwickau today. His first match since his ligament injury in November. So he was out about 2½ months.

https://www.fsv-zwickau.de/index.php/181-verein/saison-2020-2021/3-liga-2020-21/2330-fsv-zwickau-hallescher-fc-2-2-2-1-23-spieltag

• 3 months later...

Gone at Zwickau. 

https://www.liga3-online.de/fsv-zwickau-verabschiedet-sieben-spieler-um-miatke/

Not surprising after getting only PT in 5 games this season. 

IMO he won't get called into the Gold Cup team either. Johnston and Laryea both are better options ATM. 

EDIT: Even forgot bout Brault-Guillard who looked great in the matches he played so far. 

Edited by shamrock

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I could see him called to the Gold Cup. I think MLS could be an option for him. Thought he showed well atvtge Olympic qualifiers 

I think Laryea is in our starting 11 so he might take a pass at the Gold Cup

Was thinking CPL rather than MLS.  Regardless, he did look good at the OQs, and his career should be far from over if he wants to keep playing in NA.  He had a lot of injury issues while at Zwickau.

3 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Was thinking CPL rather than MLS.  Regardless, he did look good at the OQs, and his career should be far from over if he wants to keep playing in NA.  He had a lot of injury issues while at Zwickau.

Most of the players he was playing with and against at Qualifiers were MLS players. I thought without question he was a top 3 player for Canada at that tourney

• 1 month later...