Marcus Godinho

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mixed reviews from the Hearts supporters, he was thrown back into the lineup due to injuries, he hadn't played since March! Apparently he had a decent 1st half but was getting roasted in the 2nd and gave up a penalty on a very poor tackle which led to Aberdeen's goal, he also had a yellow and by most accounts should have had a 2nd! I'm still very pleased to see him back in action, I'm sure he'll improve!

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

Would have been more worried if his form either half was the other way around. Fitness would have been telling. Great to have him back. 

Not relevant to marcus but in relation to the above MAK is out longer isn't he? Til new year at least I thought. 

I am guessing he's still injured since he was on hand to pass out the trophy for L1O championship today.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Nope,  I’ll have to watch the highlights when I get home.  I’ll also ask a mate who was at the match and get his impartial opinion as a non-Canadian.

Just watched the highlights and from what I saw, @gator was spot on.  Decent first half, shaky second and gave up the foul for the Aberdeen penalty.  I think Michael Smith comes back in next week.

7 minutes ago, Jith12 said:

You've gotta love a man with a plan: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-marcus-godinho-opens-up-on-knee-injury-woe-1-4818304

Nice article on Godinho's injury, recovery and his academic plans.

Didn’t realize his injury problems were that bad.  That’s really a shame, hopefully he can recover .. odd that he started and has now been out of the squad for two matches, hopefully just taking it easy. 

The injury problems at Hearts are mounting.  The majority of them are up and down the spine of the team.  If he’s in good shape, he could make the bench vs Hibs on Wednesday - especially if he can be versatile to play as a holding midfielder.

• 1 month later...