• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 7:50 AM, Namaste said:

Noticed he can play LB as well, according to Transfermarkt. Maybe adds to our LB depth???

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's a little young to put on the senior depth chart.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
2 minutes ago, jordan said:

Nice nice...playing for Blackburn's U-23 system...I love it. Hopefully he gets called up to their senior team and if he does, just another Canadian playing in England but playing in the Championship but still I can see Blackburn being promoted back into the EPL. If Ben gets to be a part of that, even better.

58 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Nice nice...playing for Blackburn's U-23 system...I love it. Hopefully he gets called up to their senior team and if he does, just another Canadian playing in England but playing in the Championship but still I can see Blackburn being promoted back into the EPL. If Ben gets to be a part of that, even better.

You're like Perd Hapley but not funny.

It’s great to have Canadian players at these pro academies in Europe, but it’s still not easy and a guarantee of ever making the first team, but it’s a start . Was looking at an old program from an exhibition game between TFC2 team made up of mainly U21players playing serie A’s Roma U18 team played in 2015 at the Soccer Center in Vaughan. Looked at a lot of those U18 Roma players and where are they today and could not find one player that has made the Roma 1st. team or even another seria A team . Every player I looked at was basically playing in Italy’s 3rd and fourth division , with the exception of one player in Italy’s second division and one playing in Serbia’s top league. These former Roma U18 academy players are all around 22 or 23 now. So while it’s great  making a pro teams academy , it’s still very difficult to make it to the first team or even any high level pro league .

Edited by SoccMan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found this when catching up with my club's u23 game from last week. 

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/october/24-october/highlights-west-ham-united-u23s-0-0-blackburn-rovers-u23s

Sorry for wind tunnel noise at points. 

Ben is #7 and in the second half you can see him make a run and call for the ball; and later make a pass in the build up to a chance. Ben Johnson, who has a few Premier League games under his belt and just returned to the u23s, was the defender on his side, if the formations at the beginning are right.   

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...