You wanted a say with the CSA

Rheo

“Canada Soccer has positioned itself for unprecedented growth which would not have been possible without the support and collaboration of our members, staff, and the passionate soccer public,” said Canada Soccer General Secretary Peter Montopoli. “With feedback from the Canadian soccer community, we hope to create the most ambitious and achievable plan to establish ourselves as a Leading Soccer Nation for decades to come.”

With a survey to fill in at the link below

http://www.canadasoccer.com/you

10 hours ago, Kurt-MTL said:

I submitted my comments; tried to keep it constructive and specific (and realistic). I don't know that it will make a difference but as a fan, it's the least I can do. 

Exactly!!!!... I put some great suggestions regarding strategic thinking and how they should carry themselves forward!!!... Really enjoyed filling out this survey, as a fan it's the least I can do and I even mentioned that I'll love to get involved and together with the rest of these clowns of the CSA enact and implement my ideas... Seriously, a lot of us in here would do a hell of a better job at implementing strategies, ambitions & goals than the current brass on board.... Incompetency is like a buffer, like it can only last so much, right??...  Time for these buffoons to enact these changes & NOW.... Not fair for us fans to endure all this stupidity, laughingstock & crap from all these years

26 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

Submitted - pretty much focused on CPL support, player development, and actually hosting matches in Canada (emphasized please come to Halifax).

Yeah that was the focus of mine for the most part, along with being more open in light of the coaching change questions since they took a big hit in trust factor there.

Did mine today.  Pretty wide ranging - support CPL as much as possible, stop letting international windows go unused, get as many home games as possible to build support, strategically cap tie promising young dual nationals in minnow LoN games, etc.  And be realistic.  What would it take to make Canada a leading soccer nation?  By 2021?  Uh, a magic wish...?  Let's focus on being respectable in that timeframe and making the hex.  Leading soccer nation - lol.

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Did mine today.  Pretty wide ranging - support CPL as much as possible, stop letting international windows go unused, get as many home games as possible to build support, strategically cap tie promising young dual nationals in minnow LoN games, etc.  And be realistic.  What would it take to make Canada a leading soccer nation?  By 2021?  Uh, a magic wish...?  Let's focus on being respectable in that timeframe and making the hex.  Leading soccer nation - lol.

Very similar to what I wrote @dyslexic nam, lmfao... Particularly concerning the International windows, getting as many home games as possible and the cap-tying of promising dual nationals... I can see we are in the same page on this... Plus I also added the fact to have all games broadcast on regular T.V. and no that doesn't mean specialty channels like your TSN2, BEIN Sport, Sportnet World, etc

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Agreed.  I also noted that it was ironic that they put effort into fan engagement and a web survey about how to make things better while we miss an international window...

What are you talking about? The only international window between New Years and the World Cup is the March window when we're playing New Zealand.

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

What would it take to make Canada a leading soccer nation?  By 2021?  Uh, a magic wish...?

I did laugh at that one. I guess I also had to check myself as I was approaching it from the mens team standpoint first. Obviously we are much closer with the Womens.

It would take such a monumental shift in public exposure and not just acceptance but respect. The world would need to be watching our team win every game/competition with knockout performances playing top nations and still there would be so much more needed, we would need half the squad to be top players playing with top clubs/leagues, the infrastructure of the game in Canada to be highly regarded, the CPL, the coaches and staff within that too.  If they had said 2026 that would have been better but still verging on completely impossible.

Does anyone know what are the requirements and qualifications that the CSA are looking for in members to serve in the board of directors come may?...Looking for a vice president and two directors...I'm sure there could be some of us here who meet such qualifications...DM me or list the exact requirements/experience in this board...Contacted the CSA at the nominations e-mail Monday night asking this, but no response 

Archived