NASL dead?

mpg_29

I hate to say, "I told you so"... OK who am I kidding, I like being right - it happens so rarely. ;)

Given that there are no Canadian teams associated with this organization and the league itself is dead, can we move on? 

Again, who am I kidding, but at least there should be less worry for competition for the CanPL. 

6 hours ago, David C. said:

A sad but inevitable ending. The main positive is that Division-2 soccer will likely become a more stable environment (especially for the players).

Are Mason Trafford and Drew Beckie the only Canadians impacted by this?

Just Trafford. Beckie left Jacksonville after last season and was on trial in Finland until he got sick in Sweden.

NASL not dead but not looking good for the future.

NASL's Rishi Sehgal was on Sirius radio this afternoon after to talk about the league's announcement on the cancellation of the 2018 season. A few highlights :

- Rishi said the long time it took for the appeal decision to come down hindered the preparation for a 2018 season.

- Said they will look to exist outside the USSF's PLS and consider all options for next year.

- As to one of the reasons the NASL decided not to apply for Division 3 for 2018, there was no evidence USSF would have ultimately granted it.

16 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

NASL not dead but not looking good for the future.

Joe: The future is bright!

Bob: The boat is underwater, a lot of the crew has abandoned ship and the coast guard says it's not sea-worthy.

Joe: Yep, the future is bright.

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 11:26 AM, ted said:

I hate to say, "I told you so"... OK who am I kidding, I like being right - it happens so rarely. ;)

Given that there are no Canadian teams associated with this organization and the league itself is dead, can we move on? 

Again, who am I kidding, but at least there should be less worry for competition for the CanPL. 

Yep.  Predicted this would happen years ago, can find the threads to prove it.  Horrible business decisions every step of the way.

Archived