Canada vs France friendly, April 9 in Rennes, France

Rheo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 4:07 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I honestly did not know this about our mixed results with France. Great link. 

<Elles restent sur une défaite en quart de finale des Jeux olympiques de Rio 2016 face au Canada (1-0), une équipe contre laquelle elles présentent un bilan équilibré en treize confrontations depuis 1995 (cinq victoires, trois nuls, cinq défaites).>

• 4 weeks later...

Post Euros, France is  defending  well and not conceding a lot of goals  -- with two notable exceptions :  a   4 - 0 loss to Germany in November 2017    and    a   4 - 1  loss to England  at the SheBelieves Cup ( Phil Neville's debut ) . In both cases  30-something   Laura Georges started in central defense and was awful  in both matches.  Since then, France have won their last two matches ( one  over Germany  in March, and  one against Nigeria two days ago )  both by clean sheets  and France's starting center backs  for these matches were Wendie Renard and Griedge Mbock.  So , if France start  Renard and Mbock  against  Canada  tomorrow  then I expect a tight match. 

I have only one comment as I missed the first 50 minutes. I loved watching this game with NO ANNOUNCERS. The mics were field side you could hear the players (Sinclair oh F@#@ ! when she got clipped) so much better than listening to talking heads blabbering on and on. The closest thing to being there.

3 minutes ago, sting said:

Great. a Canadian soccer game blocked in Canada. CSA get it together, you should want people to watch the National Team. Not all people can watch a game live during the day.

Looks like it's universal who blocked it because we were hearing songs from their protégés.

Admittedly, I didn't pay much attention to the game as I had it on the the background at work, but there seemed to be a lot of direct play trying to get it over or through the French defenders and letting the forwards run onto it?

in the same vein, I have felt for the last year or two that they still rely way too heavily on Sinclair. She's still a great player, but they always try to force it into her feet when 2 or 3 players are all over her. Very much a lack of creativity and ability to improvise and read what is happening on the field.

If they start to focus on letting players like Fleming and Lawrence control things in the midfield and control the pace, I feel things will open up for players like Sinclair or Rose to find those openings.

4 hours ago, sting said:

Great. a Canadian soccer game blocked in Canada. CSA get it together, you should want people to watch the National Team. Not all people can watch a game live during the day.

Cases like this makes my bitter criticism of the CSA totally justified.  What a bunch of dodos.

6 hours ago, The Ref said:

Cases like this makes my bitter criticism of the CSA totally justified.  What a bunch of dodos.

As of Tuesday morning, the day after the game, the only video Canada Soccer has posted a link to is the French highlights! Maybe someone will have time today to post the Canadian highlights.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Or look into why and how things actually happen. 

Or the CSA prepares in advance for these things. Seeing our national teams play should not be such a chore. You would think it would be a good idea to get as much exposure to the program as possible.  We should not have to dig to find info on why we can't see our teams play.   You don't think it's wrong that we have to find out why we can't see the game rather than the CSA having the game available for as many Canadians as possible?  We should be seeking as much publicity for the sport as possible.

9 hours ago, BreadBoy said:

As of Tuesday morning, the day after the game, the only video Canada Soccer has posted a link to is the French highlights! Maybe someone will have time today to post the Canadian highlights.

First pen was bogus. Handball has to be DELIBERATE and Matheson was actually trying to pull her arm back and OUT of the way of the ball.

Second pen was a classic German flop but legit as Scott did kick her and you can't do that!

Even so, good to see a female ref for a women's match.

Also, although I didn't see the match I'm pretty sure the formation graphic for Canada at the start of the clip was wrong. Certainly would expect Scott to be holding midfield but was wondering whether Sinclair played forward or midfield? Because based on the players that looked a lot more like a 442 than a 433 (with Sinclair as attacking centre mid and Scott as holding centre mid). I don't see a role for Scott in a 433 as your centre mid needs to be a box to box type of player and she ain't!

4 hours ago, sting said:

Or the CSA prepares in advance for these things. Seeing our national teams play should not be such a chore. You would think it would be a good idea to get as much exposure to the program as possible.  We should not have to dig to find info on why we can't see our teams play.   You don't think it's wrong that we have to find out why we can't see the game rather than the CSA having the game available for as many Canadians as possible?  We should be seeking as much publicity for the sport as possible.

What would you have them do? Coordinate with the France game day ops not to play music in the background that violates automated content detection algorithms on YouTube? 

53 minutes ago, admin said:

What would you have them do? Coordinate with the France game day ops not to play music in the background that violates automated content detection algorithms on YouTube? 

Pretty sure it would not be beyond the capabilities of technology to filter the music out of the broadcast sound track, or at least obfuscate it enough to defeat any auto content detection software. I mean, the sound track is crowd noise, so you can do quite a bit of tinkering without harming the listening experience.

Failing that, absolutely positive it is not beyond the capabilities of technology to turn off the sound and just broadcast the video. ;)

In the year 2018, is it even remotely concievable that this is the first time anybody has encountered this problem?

Archived