MLS/ESPN Streaming Contract

harrycoyster

14 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Thats not a good deal.  $20.00/mo is grossly expensive compared to what it would have cost and would have been available through the league package of old.  Thats double the price. And no added benefit of watching TFC and other cnd teams.  

I subsribed basketballtv on a number of occasions to watch the international matches and tournamnents.  You could subscribe for a month and cancel.  The was no blackout of games involving canada and the stream quality and commentary was terrific.  And, unlesss i am mistaken, it was half that price you quoted.  They even let you watch the games that were already broadcast on nationally over the air. 

The blackouts are annoying but I have the TSN package so do not effect me in a major way. I bought in based on the $150 per year price which also gives me La Liga and Serie A. That price for MLS alone I would not have done. 

You also have the ability to watch archived matches so I'm bought and sold!

In fairness to the the provider, the blackouts are the inevitable fallout from TSN's exclusive deal with MLS in Canada. They own the rights and won't allow anybody to violate their rights. 

14 hours ago, dbailey62 said:

The blackouts are annoying but I have the TSN package so do not effect me in a major way. I bought in based on the $150 per year price which also gives me La Liga and Serie A. That price for MLS alone I would not have done. 

You also have the ability to watch archived matches so I'm bought and sold!

In fairness to the the provider, the blackouts are the inevitable fallout from TSN's exclusive deal with MLS in Canada. They own the rights and won't allow anybody to violate their rights. 

You can also watch English Championship games. It was nice to watch Cardiff while I had the free trial.

For those of you in this thread that mentioned that they previous had subscribed to MLS live:

I just found out that the service is now available for free for watching the match replays.  I just logged in and tried it and it works.:)

Just have to log in with with the credentials you had or have. 

Archived