Dwight Lodeweges - Oranje Assistant

Robert

23 hours ago, _Roberto_ said:

I guess you're right. Like where would the Canadian men's national team be without all of its players and coaches who weren't born in Canada? Now there's a scary thought, eh? Obviously, when it comes to soccer, being born in Canada doesn't matter too much for you. 🙄

Where were you born, Robert(o)?

9 minutes ago, _Roberto_ said:

Have you ever tried to contact Dwight? Although he's probably very busy at this moment getting ready to play against Italy 3 hours from now. Are you going to watch him coach today? It's not every day that a Canadian-born coach squares off against an opponent like Italy,. It's kinda of like watching the Champions League Final.

I love that this non-answer somehow required seven separate edits (and counting). 

I’ll ask again: Where were you born, Robert(o)?

25 minutes ago, _Roberto_ said:

Whose counting?

I'll ask again. Have you ever had contact with Dwight?

Keep dodging the obvious question, Robert(o). 

It’s really strange that you’re obsessed with whether players were born here despite you yourself being an immigrant.

Scratch that, it would be really strange for anyone else. For you it’s roughly the 2513th strangest thing you’ve posted on here across your 15 different accounts.

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, _Roberto_ said:

Does anyone know if John Herdman took a cut in pay this year? If not he has to be one of the best-paid coaches in 2020. One million dollars for 3 meaningless friendlies in the span of 8 days ain't too shabby:

January 07, 2020 - Canada 4–1 Barbados

January 10, 2020 - Canada 4–1 Barbados

January 15, 2020 - Canada 0–1 Iceland

Can't the CSA lay him off due to a shortage of work? Like what's he doing? Mexico is playing the Netherlands in Amsterdam on Wednesday. Why are our European based players not playing a friendly this week?

https://www.voetbalstats.nl/opstelnedxi.php?wid=811

Please provide a source for JH’s salary.

20 hours ago, _Roberto_ said:

Does anyone know if John Herdman took a cut in pay this year? If not he has to be one of the best-paid coaches in 2020. One million dollars for 3 meaningless friendlies in the span of 8 days ain't too shabby:

Yeah, I know. He only made 12 dollars this year. I will provide no proof and you can try to prove me wrong, since apparently the burden of proof is backwards in your threads.

Apologies dyslexic nam and others for updating this thread, but I can’t help myself.

11 hours ago, _Roberto_ said:

Apologies Kent and others for updating this thread, but I can’t help myself.

Simple question requiring a simple answer from a simpleton...Wtf is wrong with you? Just want to hear it from the horse's mouth...with all apologies to horses everywhere.

2 hours ago, _Roberto_ said:

You don't have as many friend as you think you have. See page 97 of "The Road to Qatar" thread and you can add your little blue heart to the 43 "FRIENDS" you might have online.

He means this post, in case anyone's wondering.

3 hours ago, _Roberto_ said:

You don't have as many friend as you think you have. See page 97 of "The Road to Qatar" thread and you can add your little blue heart to the 43 "FRIENDS" you might have online.

Oh man, those little blue hearts. They really get into your head, don’t they Rob. 

So to update; the Netherlands come away extremely fortunate with a 1-1 draw to a much better Italy team. Other than De Jong the Netherlands looked really lacklustre and must be causing some real teeth gnashing for their number fan @_Roberto_

1 loss and 2 draws with only 1 goal scored over the course of this camp, dire times for the Netherlands with no real hope for the immediate future.

What will the KNVB do?

37 minutes ago, _Roberto_ said:

I'll take "1 loss and 2 draws with only 1 goal scored" over "0 loss and 0 draws with 0 goals scored" every time.

There's a famous Dutch saying which goes, "it's better to play poorly than not play at all."

Its even got you following Dutch soccer.

Odd, because on their current form it looks like they’ll be dropped down to Nations League B, and losing to Mexico can’t help improve their chances of staying up. So maybe it would be better for the team to avoid humiliating friendly defeats, it’s got to be affecting their already fragile confidence.

And yes I do take notice of the scores and read the occasional recap of the teams poor performances but don’t get me wrong, I’m as much of a Netherlands fan as you are a Canada fan, not at all.