Dejan Jaković

Ansem

Anyone else remember that video where Liam Millar and Scott Arfield were interviewing each other? If I remember correctly, one of the questions was "Who is the slowest person on the team?" I think Liam might have said Jakovic and Arfield questioned him if Jakovic actually is slow.

Now I'm sure someone will correct me and tell me I've got all the names wrong :D

So another solid game for Jakovic for one of the strongest teams in Major League Soccer. Another big test coming against Cruz Azul. Looking forward to seeing how him and Kaye deal with it.

He is arguably playing at the highest level at the moment when it comes to centre backs. James, Millar and Vitoria are not playing. Cornelius may find himself added to that list with how Andy Rose played on the weekend. Henry is the only one who could perhaps stake a claim, but K-league is now postponed, unfortunately.

• 4 months later...

My prevailing memory of him with Canada was at the age of 31 getting embarrassed with Straith by Mexico's attack. I'm over Jakovic.

LAFC fans are also over him and regularly mention he's the weakest part of their XI.

Edited by VinceA

3 minutes ago, VinceA said:

My prevailing memory of him with Canada was at the age of 31 getting embarrassed with Straith by Mexico's attack. I'm over Jakovic.

LAFC are also over him and regularly mention he's the weakest part of their XI.

You mentioned Straith ? Well then that explains it no? He was being embarrassed really , I think the whole Canadian team was spanked in that game. Don’t think they were able to put more than two passes together before giving up the ball. If you want to talk about mistakes well I don’t think I have enough time to go over all of the mistakes that Mr. Henry has committed playing on the back line. Moreover, I’m not surprised even a team like the Whitecaps had no use for him after his time with them. At least Jaković is starting on a very good LAFC team , I seriously don’t think Henry would last more than a hand full of games before Bob Bradley would send him packing!

I would personally include him in current player pool given our state of center back options.  

Yes, he is regularly playing for one of the top MLS teams right now.  LAFC also do currently have one of the worst goals against so far this year.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, Kent said:

Anyone else remember that video where Liam Millar and Scott Arfield were interviewing each other? If I remember correctly, one of the questions was "Who is the slowest person on the team?" I think Liam might have said Jakovic and Arfield questioned him if Jakovic actually is slow.

Now I'm sure someone will correct me and tell me I've got all the names wrong :D

They were talking about Vitoria

34 minutes ago, RS said:

Jakovic went stride for stride with Jordan Morris last night on a couple of occasions, coming up cleanly with the ball each time. He's showing that he hasn't lost a step at his age, even though many here think he's slow.

It's funny how myths are born. Jakovic had trouble dealing with the speed of Mattocks in 2017. That's it. 

But years later and people are now just coming around to the realization that he may actually not be slow. In truth he never was. Mattocks just has insane pace.

i dont think anyone would pay to see him Vitoria and Straith in a 50 yard dash.  But being calm on the ball, getting his head up and making a nice pass out of the back and being in good positions so you arent in footraces all the time are good traits to have as well.  Have to admire him for continuing to win minutes with a good team at his age.  Even if LAFC fans think he is the weakest starter.....he's still a starter eh??  Cornelius, Vitoria, james, Miller etc, which other CB's do we have that are getting regular mins at a high level?  Henry is...and the popular opinion on here is that you cant trust him to defend the punchbowl at the junior prom.  So why not bring Jakovic back into the fold??  

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

LAFC fans are also over him and regularly mention he's the weakest part of their XI.

It would be something if we have no use for the weakest starter on arguably the best team in Major League Soccer.

2 hours ago, archer21 said:

It’s crazy how quickly this board changes its mind on players. A month ago, Jakovic was a bum and Waterman should be starting for us. Now it’s completely flipped. 

If you go back to the start of this thread you will see that when Jakovic was originally signed by LAFC there were claims that this was only being done as some sort of conspiracy to horde Canadian talent away from the CPL.

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

It’s crazy how quickly this board changes its mind on players. A month ago, Jakovic was a bum and Waterman should be starting for us. Now it’s completely flipped. 

Yeah, its crazy how new facts change the way you think about things.  After only playing 3 games last year, i thought he might be done.   Turns out Hutch isnt the only one who can still drag his old bones around the park. I'd still call Waterman though.  

• 5 weeks later...