Ansem

Dejan Jaković

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So, released by LAFC. 

Does he get one more shot with the #CanMNT in March when Cornelius, Laryea, Zachary B-G, Godinho and Miller are all with the U-23s?

Laryea's a '95, the Olympic qualifying tournament is '97 and up.

So they released him, then re-signed him. He was on $150 000 USD base in 2019. I assume they brought him back at a much lower pay.

MAK was making $166 000 USD base in 2019!

My guess is that they will pay him less than Latif Blessing, so under $90 000 USD for sure, but likely around $75 000.

He will already be in L.A and we need Centre-backs so call him up for Camp Poutine.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Didnt he only get in 4 games and spent part of the season in Vegas??  Very surprised they brought him back...maybe they have some sort of coaching position in mind for him.  Either way good for him to hang on for another year in MLS.  

It’s nice that he’s lasted this long, I remember seeing him at Olympic qualifiers in 2007 or 2008 and thinking he looked a cut above the rest, then was excited for his move to Red Star and I think he was made a scape goat there.

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

Zimmerman gone and Thorrington says Jakovic has had a very good preseason..opportunity there to get more time this year..champions league starting for them in 5 days on the 18th against Leon

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/11/lafc-gm-john-thorrington-explains-walker-zimmerman-trade-nashville-sc

He has played most of their preseason games as a starter so far. With an awesome forward/midfield group their would be less pressure on him to perform.

Edited by Stryker911

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

He has played most of their preseason games as a starter so far. With an awesome forward/midfield group their would be less pressure on him to perform.

well, until he has to face the strikers from LigaMX.