Dejan Jaković

Ansem

• 1 month later...

So they released him, then re-signed him. He was on $150 000 USD base in 2019. I assume they brought him back at a much lower pay.

MAK was making $166 000 USD base in 2019!

My guess is that they will pay him less than Latif Blessing, so under $90 000 USD for sure, but likely around $75 000.

He will already be in L.A and we need Centre-backs so call him up for Camp Poutine.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Big_M said:

Zimmerman gone and Thorrington says Jakovic has had a very good preseason..opportunity there to get more time this year..champions league starting for them in 5 days on the 18th against Leon

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/11/lafc-gm-john-thorrington-explains-walker-zimmerman-trade-nashville-sc

He has played most of their preseason games as a starter so far. With an awesome forward/midfield group their would be less pressure on him to perform.

Edited by Stryker911

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 11:51 AM, Stryker911 said:

He has played most of their preseason games as a starter so far.

So he had a good preseason.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, Colliedor said:

We need to move on from Jakovic. Can't just fall in love with 1 performance. Especially when he played a big part on Leon's second goal.

He had a bad moment down in Mexico, but has now gone 3 full competitive matches in a row at centre-back.

LAFC have 3 more home games and one game in Mexico City before the Canada game on March 27th.

He played ¾ of our 2017 Gold Cup matches at centre-back with Vitória and it was a generally solid pairing. Jaković wasn't really stellar but at the same time we didn't see any crazy gaffes like Henry does from time to time.

@Colliedor and some others, do we bring him back into the fold? What do we need to see from him in the next four LAFC matches if you are not yet convinced?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Colliedor and some others, do we bring him back into the fold? What do we need to see from him in the next four LAFC matches if you are not yet convinced?

Nothing. I don't think we should be calling him up at all.  He is not a quality standout. He doesn't distance himself from the other CB's. With his age, we need to move on. I'm not against older players, but they have to be playing at a clearly different level for them to still get the nod, like Hutchinson. In Dejan's case, we have younger players playing exactly his level right now. I think people are exaggerating his quality a bit right now.

We've seen him with Canada. We all know the results. There's no reason to cling on to him for dear life. The CB position is by far the weakest, and as I've said in a different topic, it requires the most experimentation. We need to bring in new faces, like what we've done with players like Didic, hopefully Waterman etc, and see how that pans out.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Jamaica vs Canada, 2017 Gold Cup?

This game is a good example why we need to change things up. They both got burned multiple times in that game, even forcing Zambrano to take out Vitoria and put in James to get someone to match the speed.

Well, considering that Vitoria was back in the mix for the fall fixtures, Jakovic was written off, and now James seems on the outside looking in, the CB situation is so fluid (i.e. Cornelius could be in the Caps pressbox on match days in the coming weeks and possibly for most of the season once Godoy and Veselinovic get up to speed with Khmiri) that anything could happen.  Heck, Adam Straith might get recalled for T & T because the matches are in his home town!

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Who was at fault for those two goals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13bghL3MkXo

Jaković did track back for the first one but another Jamaican player arrives unmarked.

On the second goal, could he have closed down WIlliams more effectively?

The rest of the highlights showcases some of his defending and mistakes.Mistakes he continues to make today. He nearly handed Miami their first goal today.

1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

Nothing. I don't think we should be calling him up at all.  He is not a quality standout. He doesn't distance himself from the other CB's. With his age, we need to move on. I'm not against older players, but they have to be playing at a clearly different level for them to still get the nod, like Hutchinson. In Dejan's case, we have younger players playing exactly his level right now. I think people are exaggerating his quality a bit right now.

We've seen him with Canada. We all know the results. There's no reason to cling on to him for dear life. The CB position is by far the weakest, and as I've said in a different topic, it requires the most experimentation. We need to bring in new faces, like what we've done with players like Didic, hopefully Waterman etc, and see how that pans out.

This game is a good example why we need to change things up. They both got burned multiple times in that game, even forcing Zambrano to take out Vitoria and put in James to get someone to match the speed.

Miller didn't see the field with Orlando. James is not playing in Denmark. Vitoria is not playing in Portugal.

Cornelius, Henry and Waterman are the only other viable options playing regularly at the moment.

If recent game time is a factor than Jakovic should be considered. I didn't see the game today so I can't comment on his mistake. I do feel you are quick to write him off though. 

Since CB is one of our weakest spots I don't think we can afford to write anyone off and now is not the time to experiment too much. Calling in Waterman would be more than enough experimentation for this camp.

If not Jakovic who would you call in his place? Didic because he is younger (even though he did not win a contract at the Whitecaps)? 

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

They said on the broadcast his speed is underrated. That’s apparently bob bradley’s opinion and I agree. 

He has an unusual gait when he runs. Perhaps that is one reason. He had a solid 25 mins which is all I could watch. Has always been very calm on the ball.