NCAA Canadians 2018

Havoc88

5 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Does anyone know how many Canadians are playing in NCAA D1 schools/teams this year? 

I know they’ve realeased Rankings for the Top 50-100 Senior, Junior, Sophomore and Freshman players etc 

Obviously their is so many divisions/conferences 

Any idea? 

Its gotta be over 100.  Syracuse has 6 all by itself.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Does anyone know how many Canadians are playing in NCAA D1 schools/teams this year? 

I know they’ve realeased Rankings for the Top 50-100 Senior, Junior, Sophomore and Freshman players etc 

Obviously their is so many divisions/conferences 

Any idea? 

I checked out the top 10 ranked schools and there are 13 in the top 10 alone, so it seems we are doing pretty well.

Alistair Johnston Wake Forest
Alex Comsia North Carolina
Mohamed Omar Notre Dame
Kamal Miller Syracuse
Massimo Ferrin Syracuse
Simon Triantafillou Syracuse
Tajon Buchanan Syracuse
Hilli Goldhar Syracuse
Nathaniel St. Louis Syracuse
Ryan Raposo Syracuse
Nikal Clarke-Smith Virginia Tech
Oliver Spring Duke
Brock Lindow Kentucky

2 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

I checked out the top 10 ranked schools and there are 13 in the top 10 alone, so it seems we are doing pretty well.

Alistair Johnston Wake Forest
Alex Comsia North Carolina
Mohamed Omar Notre Dame
Kamal Miller Syracuse
Massimo Ferrin Syracuse
Simon Triantafillou Syracuse
Tajon Buchanan Syracuse
Hilli Goldhar Syracuse
Nathaniel St. Louis Syracuse
Ryan Raposo Syracuse
Nikal Clarke-Smith Virginia Tech
Oliver Spring Duke
Brock Lindow Kentucky

Hope we see a CPL/NCAA Import Draft! These players cannot go un-noticed just because they decided to study in the states and not in Canada (U Sports)

At the end of the day both matter but one level is higher than the other 

2 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Hope we see a CPL/NCAA Import Draft! These players cannot go un-noticed just because they decided to study in the states and not in Canada (U Sports)

At the end of the day both matter but one level is higher than the other 

I doubt that will happen.

I am curious to see if MLS teams use the CPL draft to poach players from CPL. We may see some more NCAA Canadians deciding to stay home and play U Sports while opting to spend their summers in CPL.

I wonder how long before players that have success get invited to the MLS combine through playing in CPL while in school

• 3 weeks later...

Akron had a bad season before the conference championships but they won the MAC conference championship so got a place in the tournament..Marcel Zajac scored two goals in the final, has been very good for them..they also have Canadians Leonard Sohn, Ivan Nikolic and Faisal Ghaffur who didnt play much

UConn is also in the tournament with Munir Saleh who is still a starter, Dayonn Harris who became a starter and had 5 goals 6 assists and Catalano and Yeates who played in usl with TFCII this season

Syracuse didnt have a great record but beat #1 Wake Forrest..apart from Kamal Miller, Massimo Ferrin, Tajon Buchanan and Ryan Raposo were also starters while Triantafillou, Goldhar and St. Louis were mostly backups

Will be interesting to see how high Miller and Comsia will go at the pro level

On 11/28/2018 at 12:24 PM, masster said:

2 Canadians are named as semifinalists for the MAC Hermann Trophy which goes to the best player in NCAA Soccer:
Alex Comsia
Callum Montgomery

https://goheels.com/news/2018/11/27/mens-soccer-comsia-named-mac-hermann-trophy-semifinalist.aspx

Neither Comsia nor Montgomery make the list of 3 finalists for the MAC Hermann Trophy.