NCAA Canadians 2018

Havoc88

I’m excited to see how Tristan Jumeau does as a freshman this year at  Georgia state. 

Also in an article on Burnley website, he basically said he wants to play for Canada ! That’s exciting news ! CPL teams should be scouting him like crazy, he could be that young star CPL needs to grow the league. 

“ He’s certainly not given up on a career in football and there is still an ambition to represent Canada, his mum’s birthplace. “I think there was a bit of interest at the start of last season, but nothing came of it in the end,” he said. “It would be nice and I suppose I will be a bit closer over there in theStates.”http://www.uptheclarets.com/tristan-jumeau-goes-stateside

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211735531

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I'll be honest, it's kind of disappointing seeing a kid go from an EPL academy to playing NCAA. Was kinda hoping he'd be playing U23's this season and eventually going on loan spells.

This is the same path as Jack Harrison and he has done fairly well.

Edited by Ruffian

18 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I'll be honest, it's kind of disappointing seeing a kid go from an EPL academy to playing NCAA. Was kinda hoping he'd be playing U23's this season and eventually going on loan spells.

There are getting to be tons of european players on the NCAA rosters.  I cant vouch for their quality, but its getting more international every season.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Montgomery with Charlotte was picked to the TOP DRAWER National team of the week for the second week in a row.  Maybe someone to help us with the CB spot.  If he keeps this up he'll go high in the MLS draft.  

https://charlotte49ers.com/news/2018/9/4/mens-soccer-montgomery-earns-national-team-of-the-week-honors.aspx

Noah Jensen with Oakland was also picked.  That's a school with a lot of Canadians historically and surprisingly they're in TDS top 20.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, section114row20 said:

https://gotigersgo.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8141&path=msoc

Michael Thornton - Went to Monarch Park in Toronto and is now a freshman at Memphis.  Has played 4 games so far this year.

Wow just googled this player Michael Thornton and there is a lot on this kid when it comes to soccer. His family even moved to Spain for two years so he could play youth soccer there when he was 12. It doesn’t look like he played for any famous soccer academies while in Spain just a local type youth soccer club in the area where he was living in Spain probably with the hope of catching on with a Barcelona or a Real Madrid or another top pro club’s academy in Spain but it looks like it never happened and the family returned to Toronto when he was 14. But it’s interesting to see some articles written about this kid when he was 12 and how he was a superstar and what not, looks like he trialed for some pretty big soccer club’s academies in Europe when he was young . He was even talked about on the Voyageurs forum back in 2012 because of an article written about him in the Toronto Star on why the family was relocating to Spain when they had TFC Academy in their city, it looks like he did not make TFC Academy when he was 12 from reading that Toronto Star article, anyways interesting how things ended up so far for this kid who was touted a superstar when he was 12.

• 2 weeks later...

Top Drawer came out with their freshman rankings and our kids got some props. 

#17 Mohamed Omar-Notre Dame Mid,

#30 Raposo Syr, MID, 3goals 6 assists

#55 Gloire Amanda, F Oregeon state (7goals starting all 14 games so far, former WC2

#65 Steffan Yeates, MID,  Uconn, former tfc 2

#74 Ovonte Mullings, FLOR GC, F (6 goals, was at Durham in L1O??

Also of note, Syracuse Sophmore, Tajon Buchanon has 8 goals after getting a hat trick in his last game.   

On 10/20/2018 at 1:17 AM, Bison44 said:

Top Drawer came out with their freshman rankings and our kids got some props. 

#17 Mohamed Omar-Notre Dame Mid,

#30 Raposo Syr, MID, 3goals 6 assists

#55 Gloire Amanda, F Oregeon state (7goals starting all 14 games so far, former WC2

#65 Steffan Yeates, MID,  Uconn, former tfc 2

#74 Ovonte Mullings, FLOR GC, F (6 goals, was at Durham in L1O??

Also of note, Syracuse Sophmore, Tajon Buchanon has 8 goals after getting a hat trick in his last game.   

Raposo was with L10 too and also what happened to that Montgomery kid?

10 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Anyone have info on Mohamed Omar?  He was the top high school player in Massachusetts (just like Shaffelburg this past season). 6’3 as a mid and ranked high by TDS.. but not called to Canada for the u20s. 

Is he not one of the 5 extra guys called to the pre-tournament camp?

Perhaps we have more depth than we thought.

17 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Anyone have info on Mohamed Omar?  He was the top high school player in Massachusetts (just like Shaffelburg this past season). 6’3 as a mid and ranked high by TDS.. but not called to Canada for the u20s. 

He was with TFC3 not Tfc2.  He played in L1O this summer, and got in 3 games, but not alot of info.  He just got his first mention on Canada soccer website today, so I guess he hasnt been to any camps previously.