NCAA Canadians 2018

Havoc88

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Camara picked at 46 by San Jose

Interesting since he will be an international.  I’ve never seen him play but with his size it’s easy to see potential... I could easily see him signing in CPL this season and SJ retaining his rights for a potential MLS move if he develops. 

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

Wow..Vancouver passes on Comsia and goes with CB McDonough

Couldn't they have signed him prior to a homegrown? I think they fact the didnt jump on him in the past meant they weren't going to be interested. Still a bummer to drop so low when we hoped he'd creep into the first round. 

What a great feeling it is to know that worst case with these kids the MLS loss is the CPLs gain and in that scenario they will hopefully be motivated to prove doubters wrong. 

The past was with Robinson..after another strong season and a strong combine they could have gone with him..but too bad..theres should be a place for him at least on a 2nd team or affiliate and if not every cpl team will be ready to jump on him

10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Couldn't they have signed him prior to a homegrown? I think they fact the didnt jump on him in the past meant they weren't going to be interested. Still a bummer to drop so low when we hoped he'd creep into the first round. 

What a great feeling it is to know that worst case with these kids the MLS loss is the CPLs gain and in that scenario they will hopefully be motivated to prove doubters wrong. 

Exactly like Didic a few years back, it was only a lucky break that got him signed on and into the SKC system.  These CDN guys will have another 7 teams that will look long and hard at them coming out of NCAA.  Comsia wont HAVE to sign a shitty USL-2 deal just to keep playing.  

On 1/11/2019 at 2:48 PM, Keegan said:

Interesting since he will be an international.  I’ve never seen him play but with his size it’s easy to see potential... I could easily see him signing in CPL this season and SJ retaining his rights for a potential MLS move if he develops. 

Vancouver newspaper article on Camara being drafted:
https://theprovince.com/sports/soccer/mls/vancouver-whitecaps/mls-superdraft-sfus-mamadi-camara-finds-the-perfect-fit-in-san-jose?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547341815

On 1/11/2019 at 7:13 PM, Bison44 said:

Exactly like Didic a few years back, it was only a lucky break that got him signed on and into the SKC system.  These CDN guys will have another 7 teams that will look long and hard at them coming out of NCAA.  Comsia wont HAVE to sign a shitty USL-2 deal just to keep playing.  

Don’t think the money will be all that much more in the CPL , however if the league grows then the potential is there for players to make more money in the CPL . In the first few years don’t see much of a difference in pay from a few of the contacts I have spoken to conected to the CPL. However, if a player is going to make around the same money in the USL as he may make in the CPL it would make sense to stay home and play in Canada.

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Rounds 3 and 4 done..A number of teams passed..Comsia went undrafted..Toronto picked cb Bunk-Andersen

Yes 8 teams passed in the 3rd round and 13 teams in the 4th round.   The most active were FC Dallas and NYR, stocking their USL teams.

Comsia to CanPL most likely.