Jonathan David

Vince193

10 hours ago, shamrock said:

What does Gent have to do with Lille? David has a contract and Lille wants their player. Gent has EVERY RIGHT to play it as hard as possible. They took the chance on David and got him to extend his contract. Well played. 

Maybe, but I think you have to be aware there is a certain etiquette when these deals are being done. If that is respected, then teams work well together. In the present, and the future. If you know a team is being investigated for overspending, make a deal that allows them to declare less this fiscal year, announce they are paying less, accept a deal in installments, and back off a bit on exposing the entity you are signing with to further UEFA scrutiny. 

I realize Gent needs to justify to their fan base they are getting the best deal possible, but since it would be an amazing deal at 20% less, no need to push that way.

This is pretty basic, and fairly important in club relationshios, but I understand it seems like a nitpicky idea in pure contractual terms.

The way our national team is now, was unimaginable just a few years ago. We are entering the golden age! Very excited to see who is next to get to the big stage for us!

On a side note for those of us nerds who like playing FIFA video games, the game really makes me appreciate how good our team is when I play with them. I find myself whooping Mexicans and Americans online now. Makes me proud of the talent we have lol

Can't wait to see Jonathan David become a giant in France.

2 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

The way our national team is now, was unimaginable just a few years ago. We are entering the golden age! Very excited to see who is next to get to the big stage for us!

On a side note for those of us nerds who like playing FIFA video games, the game really makes me appreciate how good our team is when I play with them. I find myself whooping Mexicans and Americans online now. Makes me proud of the talent we have lol

Can't wait to see Jonathan David become a giant in France.

I think this is the main point for young Canadians becoming fans of the national team. Kids with no knowledge of the sport/our team will pick Canada and suddenly realize - wow, we have some players! It's feasible that we could have 3 Canadians with 80+ rating in the next game (Davies, David and Hutchinson).

Interesting article about the FFP ramifications Lille is facing. Most of which, will effect David's future.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/lille-handed-ffp-restrictions-by-uefa/

- can only register 22/23 players for European competitions rather than the normal 25. 

- can not have a deficit of 20 million by 20/21, 10 million by 21/22, and must be balanced by 23/24. Not sure what happens if they don't meet these objectives, but i assume it would mean they would not be eligible for European competitions

- this would add to the incentive for Lille to transfer David, should he be successful and they think they can get a big fee for him. It also indicates, that they are pretty confident this will happen.

11 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Chills! Great Video! Loved how much they showed the Canadian flag but surprised he spoke English in the Video. Maybe there is a French version.

It is a strange time when being a Canadian footy player is something to proudly displayed instead of the former “don’t ask don’t tell” approach.  I don’t want to overstate the Davies effect or divert attention away from David, but I think this has to be a spin-off effect of Davies’ rise at BM. David tearing it up at Lille will only reinforce that idea.  What an odd and wonderful time to be a supporter.