Jonathan David

Vince193

25 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Brym hasn't been on loan with Belenenses SAD in ages. He's moving to Belgium on loan soon.

Oh okay but even so once his loan spell ends and David should he go to Lille, then you have these 2 playing together at the same club...I'm just saying just how imagine how good it can be going forward into the future given how close in age these 2 are...develop more of that chemistry

Edited by TGAA_Star
X

Lille tweet with a Canadian flag.. it's actually for Brym but supporters are pretty excited it may secretly be also for David:

https://mobile.twitter.com/losclive/status/1278335442841210881

David's Canada Day tweet (cool photo with Davies) is FILLED with Lille supporters welcoming him to the club.. seems like they'd be pretty excited to have him:

https://mobile.twitter.com/itsJoDavid/status/1278337374305636355

I prefer him in the Bundesliga over the Ligue 1. I have this weird feeling, if he goes to Ligue 1...he'll conform or get to comfortable. 
Weird to say, as if I know the kid...but I feel Germany will keep him out of his comfort zone vs France. 

I think it will be easier for him to acclimatize to French culture rather than German, which effects your comfortability and how you think.

Edited by Shway

David went to French school in Canada and is fully bilingual.  So a Ligue 1 team like Lille may make sense for a couple years.

Lille are going to be flush with cash and are definitely a develop and sell team that stays competitive.  

While I would really like him to go to the Bundesliga or Arsenal (for 100% selfish reasons), this isn’t a bad move for him.

Certainly he’s going to be a day 1 starter for them which means he should keep getting better.  

Like all the rumours around David we will have to wait and see.

17 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

David went to French school in Canada and is fully bilingual.  So a Ligue 1 team like Lille may make sense for a couple years.

Lille are going to be flush with cash and are definitely a develop and sell team that stays competitive.  

While I would really like him to go to the Bundesliga or Arsenal (for 100% selfish reasons), this isn’t a bad move for him.

Certainly he’s going to be a day 1 starter for them which means he should keep getting better.  

Like all the rumours around David we will have to wait and see.

With all do respect, Arsenal doesn't seem like the best environment for a young promising player at the moment.

45 minutes ago, costarg said:

With all do respect, Arsenal doesn't seem like the best environment for a young promising player at the moment.

Who knows maybe Arsenal could be an option. I wouldn't rule it out especially if David is a part of their rebuild, since they are rebuilding right now under Arteta. Plus if Arsenal's ownership all of a sudden decides to start buying players to play alongside David in the years to come and David ends up there, David would essentially have bragging rights. Well because he would be on a rebuilding club and then if that club turns into a contender again, David can say that he was a big part of them being successful again.

But besides being an Inter Milan die hard, I am also an Arsenal fan. Have been for years especially when it comes to Premier League football.

1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

David to Lille is not a bad move at all. Its a prestigious enough club such that if he completely kills it there then the possibilities for him moving forward are endless (any top 5 club in the world would chase after him then)

When Covid hit, Lille was comfortably in 4th in Ligue 1, but only scored 35 goals in 28 games.  If David even makes a slight dent on a team that really couldn't score last year, he will be noticed elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Damn, was hoping he would go there. Thought it was the best fit for his development.

Btw how does that deal work club wise? Redbulls just paid themselves? lol

I think so. It was the same with Adams. Leipzig paid NYRB 3 million USD for him, I believe.

At least in that case some of the funds would go to the league I think. 

It is an interesting question. I guess they are separate entities within the larger umbrella. It's like how they say all of the media outlets are owned by 6 companies. Technically all the smaller entities are separate....but in reality they aren't.

I don't know if it was mentioned but the article I read linking David to Lille claims he has already spoken to the technical director at the club and has been convinced to join. That's a bold claim, but one I am hoping to be true. I really like the Lille move the more I think of it. I have no reason to think he cannot match Victor Osimhen's 13 goals from 27 games last season.

Seems like the 18-19 season saw Osimhem score 16 goals in 32 games for Charleroi in Belgium, on loan from Wolfsburg.

That same season, David's rookie season, our guy scored 12 goals in 33 games for Gent. 

So yeah, he can absolutely replicate what Victor Osimhen has done in France. The Nigerian is rumored to be going to Napoli. We could be speaking of a similar move for David this time next year. There is more certainty going from Lille to Napoli than Gent to Napoli. 

Not that I am gunning for a Davd-to-Napoli move, just an example. 

34 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I don't know if it was mentioned but the article I read linking David to Lille claims he has already spoken to the technical director at the club and has been convinced to join. That's a bold claim, but one I am hoping to be true. I really like the Lille move the more I think of it. I have no reason to think he cannot match Victor Osimhen's 13 goals from 27 games last season.

Seems like the 18-19 season saw Osimhem score 16 goals in 32 games for Charleroi in Belgium, on loan from Wolfsburg.

That same season, David's rookie season, our guy scored 12 goals in 33 games for Gent. 

So yeah, he can absolutely replicate what Victor Osimhen has done in France. The Nigerian is rumored to be going to Napoli. We could be speaking of a similar move for David this time next year. There is more certainty going from Lille to Napoli than Gent to Napoli. 

Not that I am gunning for a Davd-to-Napoli move, just an example. 

If David can start scoring goals in France just like in Belgium...his stock will go up even further...can't help but hope for that

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/02/our-view-potential-blow-for-arsenal-as-club-reportedly-aim-to-replace-one-alleged-gunners-target-with-another/

According to this, Arsenal is set to lose one or both of Aubameyang and Lacazette, while David and Osimhen were two of their best targets for a replacement. But now, Osimhen is in Napoli for a medical and Lille will buy David with the proceeds of the sale. 

Big winners here will be Lille. They'll get a replacement and keep a tidy profit. 

Big losers will be Arsenal. 

Just now, Obinna said:

Big losers will be Arsenal. 

Not really...as an Arsenal fan we need to replace Laca/Auba with a experience/proven goal scorers. We already have young guys in Martinelli, Nketiah, and Nelson.

I personally don't want David at the mess of the club that is called Arsenal. It sounds nice from a Canadian fan perspective, but so does Liam Millar being signed to Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Not really...as an Arsenal fan we need to replace Laca/Auba with a experience/proven goal scorers. We already have young guys in Martinelli, Nketiah, and Nelson.

I personally don't want David at the mess of the club that is called Arsenal. It sounds nice from a Canadian fan perspective, but so does Liam Millar being signed to Liverpool.

I am an Arsenal fan too. Well, maybe former fan is more accurate now a days. They are a mess.

Yes they have young promising players, but they are still in the market for proven goal scorers. Osimhen and David are proven goal scorers, that's why both are Arsenal targets. Both are top priority, but Arsenal is set to lose out on both in spectacular fashion. 

In this context, Arsenal are losers and Lille will be the winners. 

Lille rumours seem strange to me. Just as strange as Arsenal. David has been pretty vocal on numerous occasions about wanting a move to Germany. I suppose it comes down to who will pay Gent the most though.

I feel like David will get the German move he wanted in the end, maybe he stays at Gent until it comes to fruition. What do I know though..

15 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Lille rumours seem strange to me. Just as strange as Arsenal. David has been pretty vocal on numerous occasions about wanting a move to Germany. I suppose it comes down to who will pay Gent the most though.

I feel like David will get the German move he wanted in the end, maybe he stays at Gent until it comes to fruition. What do I know though..

That's interesting.

My read on it is that David prefers a move to Germany, but Gent are asking for a lot of money and German clubs are prudent and won't overpay. 

At the beginning of this transfer saga I believe the talk was Germany or France. This seems like a plan B to me, but it's a plan B that checks all the boxes. Playing time? Check. European competition? Check. Lille are now selling a striker who also made a name for himself in Belgium, so there's a precedent here. Lille makes sense to me. 

Edit: or as @SpursFlu points out, maybe France was the plan A all along. He speaks the language, the step up is a little smaller. That's a good theory. 

Edited by Obinna