Jonathan David

Vince193

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1299358/Arsenal-transfer-news-Jonathan-David-Gent-Gossip-Latest

This suggests the Monchengladbach bid was not rejected recently but back in January. Not sure if that was made clear in the thread, but if it was then I missed it. 

it could have been the Lyon offer that was rejected in Jan?

Just now, Strait Red said:

They aren’t out of the running.

If they increase their offer, they could sign him.

But really realistically will they? They will probably want to go for a cheaper option and all David and his agent had to do was accept the deal and he would be on a Bundesliga squad. Well Jonathan's own stupidity. Monchengladbach will sign someone else.

2 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

But really realistically will they? They will probably want to go for a cheaper option and all David and his agent had to do was accept the deal and he would be on a Bundesliga squad. Well Jonathan's own stupidity. Monchengladbach will sign someone else.

Sure, he could accept a deal for $1 million and he would be on the squad. But if they feel they are worth more (and will get more) it’s not stupidity now is it?

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Sure, he could accept a deal for $1 million and he would be on the squad. But if they feel they are worth more (and will get more) it’s not stupidity now is it?

Well no but in fairness...25 million was pretty generous though. I mean how many Bundesliga squads are going to spend more than that especially with this economy being the way it is right now because of the pandemic

43 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

You have no idea how negotiations work.

6 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

You have no idea how negotiations work.

Okay but still the economy has taken a hit since COVID so realistically transfers are not going to be as expensive as what they once were...duh have you seen the economy lately all around the world? I guess you haven't have you?

16 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Okay but still the economy has taken a hit since COVID so realistically transfers are not going to be as expensive as what they once were...duh have you seen the economy lately all around the world? I guess you haven't have you?

Look, I am just as much surprised as you that Gent turned down 25 million euros for David, especially considering the expectation that player valuations should be lower post-pandemic. However, if Monchengladbach planned on spending no more than 25 million they should have put in an initial bid of 18 or 19 million. 

They never did this, so either the Germans don't know how to negotiate (unlikely) or their max offer will be north of 25 million.

That said, the article I posted was speculating that BM offered 23 million back in January. All the talk here is about a recent 25 million bid, which I must have missed, but whatever. Assuming it is true and details are not getting mixed up, this would be Gladbach's second offer that was rejected, which may change things slightly.

Nonetheless, if Monchengladbach really want David, are they going to drop out of the race over a couple extra million?

I think Gent has all the leverage here.

By the way, it is not down to "Jonathan's own stupidity". He has no control over whether Gent accept or refuse an offer. This is Gent turning away BM, not David or his agent. 

Edited by Obinna

14 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

The point is that the first offer is not usually the final offer - and that is not dependent on COVID,

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Look, I am just as much surprised as you that Gent turned down 25 million euros for David, especially considering the expectation that player valuations should be lower post-pandemic. However, if Monchengladbach planned on spending no more than 25 million they should have put in an initial bid of 18 or 19 million. 

They never did this, so either the Germans don't know how to negotiate (unlikely) or their max offer will be north of 25 million.

That said, the article I posted was speculating that BM offered 23 million back in January. All the talk here is about a recent 25 million bid, which I must have missed, but whatever. Assuming it is true and details are not getting mixed up, this would be Gladbach's second offer that was rejected, which may change things slightly.

Nonetheless, if Monchengladbach really want David, are they going to drop out of the race over a couple extra million?

I think Gent has all the leverage here.

By the way, it is not down to "Jonathan's own stupidity". He has no control over whether Gent accept or refuse an offer. This is Gent turning away BM, not David or his agent. 

Okay then that is true they do have the leverage but at the same time they obviously have David under contract until 2023

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

The 25 million is the transfer fee, not what they're offering David. The negotiation is between Gladbach and Gent, so it's not David's to accept or decline. That's a separate negotiation. 

Edited by Aird25

6 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Honestly, I try to never interact with you, but wow you can't be that stupid/clueless... You do realize that the club, i.e. the contract holder, is who dictates the transfer fee do you not?

Edited by LeoH037

15 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Reportedly David is linked to Lille, who are rumoured to be selling Their striker Osimhen to Napoli for 70! million. A lot of ifs, but seems that this could happen, especially if the sale of Osimhen goes through. I'd say that after Leipzig this would be one of his best options.

That would be a stacked attack to join. Very difficult squad to break into though for an attacking player. Risky but very high upside. 

9 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Loic Remy is on his way to Benevento as well so one of the 2 striker positions would be his to lose 

My bad, I read it wrong and was thinking it said David to Napoli. That would be a very difficult squad to break into. Lille makes more sense.

2 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

Reportedly David is linked to Lille, who are rumoured to be selling Their striker Osimhen to Napoli for 70! million. A lot of ifs, but seems that this could happen, especially if the sale of Osimhen goes through. I'd say that after Leipzig this would be one of his best options.

Osimhen is worth 70 million? He scored 12 goals in 25 games 2 season ago in Belgium... David just scored 18 in 27. Good business for Lille of happens.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

But then if he goes to Lille, they will get to add another Canadian to their squad. I mean Brym is there but he's out on loan to Belenenses...but if Brym comes back to Lille after his loan spell ends and you add David there, then that of course is good. 

Brym hasn't been on loan with Belenenses SAD in ages. He's moving to Belgium on loan soon.