Jonathan David

Vince193

6 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I’m pretty stunned that Gent turned down the offer in this environment.  €25 million is a great offer to turn down.

It could all be rumour though, every transfer window there are far more unfounded false rumours that factual ones. ESPNFC UK has transfer rumours daily all year and the majority are false, but it provides good opportunities for us to discuss them.

Not only is it a large transfer, it would actually be Gladbach's record. (Currently @23) So no chance he isn't going to be given every opportunity to succeed. Also mentions they would likely need funds from Champions League to make it work. They are currently 2 points up on Leverkusen for the last spot. Which gives us a other reason to watch Bundesliga this weekend.

29 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Portion of the article from Het Laatste  Nieuws (translated from Dutch)

0D2B2B98-017B-4F62-B760-08B97E1D6031.jpeg

The Golden Cock is a good nickname for JD

maybe Gent wants to keep him another year and thinks that once things return to normal his price will soar

Edited by Floortom

Bayern and Dortmund are not great fitS for him as they already are stocked with attacking players in their prime or young attackers in place.

At least with Gladbach, with the investment they would be committed to giving him lots of PT.  He could form a great looking attack with Plea and Thuram since he’s versatile enough to play almost any attacking position.  I can see the fit.

I would love to see him there.

18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

The Golden Cock is a good nickname for JD

maybe Gent wants to keep him another year and thinks that once things return to normal his price will soar

Gent shouldn't feel pressure to sell David. 

I mean, I want him to move because I am a Canada fan, but it is in the clubs best interest to wait unless they get an offer they cannot refuse. 

Halaand was a steal at 20 million Euros. He should have gone for much more, but he had a release clause. I don't think David has that. 

Gent probably think David can score in the Champions League and attract +30 million euro bids, so if they are more likely to get those in a years time AND they can keep David for Champions League, it's a gamble worth taking for them.

What is missing in this equation is consideration for the player. He wants to go to the Bundesliga and he wants game time, but only 2 teams in that league can afford their price tag. I know it's business, but aren't Gent putting their relationship with David at risk here? They should tread carefully. David is a good kid, but patience wears thin and misunderstandings are easy. 

Edited by Obinna

7 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Bayern and Dortmund are not great fitS for him as they already are stocked with attacking players in their prime or young attackers in place.

At least with Gladbach, with the investment they would be committed to giving him lots of PT.  He could form a great looking attack with Plea and Thuram since he’s versatile enough to play almost any attacking position.  I can see the fit.

I would love to see him there.

Most of Bayern's attack is the wrong side of 30, and I'd put David ahead of many of their young replacements. I still quite like Bayern as a destination, but I'd be happy with Gladbach as well.

10 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Most of Bayern's attack is the wrong side of 30, and I'd put David ahead of many of their young replacements. I still quite like Bayern as a destination, but I'd be happy with Gladbach as well.

I see things the same way.

David would be behind Muller, but that is the ideal spot for him position-wise. He could also provide depth for Lewandowski, Gnabry and Coman. If Courtinho and Perisic do not return (which seems likely) they'll be minutes available.

I could see Bayern dropping +30 million Euros on David if he scores goals for Gent in the Champions League and Gent do well. I don't see them spending that money on David at the moment though. I would be surprised if they do, but you never know.

Anyone know when the transfer window closes?

Edited by Obinna

Bayern would be a dream.  Having the Double D’s able to work on their chemistry at a club level would be immense for the Nats.   Sure David would have to earn his spot.  And maybe he wouldn’t walk into the first team right away.   Buy he has crazy talent, the perfect attitude, and apparently a golden cock.  Just think of the great soundbites Muller would produce.  

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Bayern would be a dream.  Having the Double D’s able to work on their chemistry at a club level would be immense for the Nats.   Sure David would have to earn his spot.  And maybe he wouldn’t walk into the first team right away.   Buy he has crazy talent, the perfect attitude, and apparently a golden cock.  Just think of the great soundbites Muller would produce.  

TFW the Jupiler league pulls off the biggest wingman in history. Couldn’t think of a better nickname for a young lad about to move to the top level 🤣

Hopefully Sportsnet step up their coverage of Bundesliga. Kinda like Fox does in the US. It would be great to see David maybe a couple other Canadians. Millar? Eustaquio? Larin? Perhaps a young prospect move to the league. Bundesliga could really piggey back off this covid exposure and build a brand in Canada 

Edited by SpursFlu

13 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Hopefully Sportsnet step up their coverage of Bundesliga. Kinda like Fox does in the US. It would be great to see David maybe a couple other Canadians. Millar? Eustaquio? Larin? Perhaps a young prospect move to the league. Bundesliga could really piggey back off this covid exposure and build a brand in Canada 

Millar should go well on loan but Larin for now anyway should stay in Belgium and same goes for Eustaquio staying in Portugal for now

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Millar should go well on loan but Larin for now anyway should stay in Belgium and same goes for Eustaquio staying in Portugal for now

I'm not saying anyone should do anything. I think Bundesliga should effort to bring Canadians in to their league. There is an opportunity to build its brand here. I'm personally a little bored of the epl and I'm not a big fan of DAZN coverage. Bundesliga have done well to grab eyeballs in the US

Edited by SpursFlu

30 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

But can he fuck with it? Asking for Floro... 

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm not saying anyone should do anything. I think Bundesliga should effort to bring Canadians in to their league. There is an opportunity to build its brand here. I'm personally a little bored of the epl and I'm not a big fan of DAZN coverage. Bundesliga have done well to grab eyeballs in the US

Then in that case I would love to see more Canadians in the Bundesliga especially if there are a lot of American born players there

55 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Then in that case I would love to see more Canadians in the Bundesliga especially if there are a lot of American born players there

I think the US Canadian market definitely blends. A bunch of english speaking North American players would be great exposure/marketing for the league in both Canads and US

6 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

TFW the Jupiler league pulls off the biggest wingman in history. Couldn’t think of a better nickname for a young lad about to move to the top level 🤣

I used to be known as the Golden Cock—only to my wife, mind you—but time is an unrelenting and cruel SOB, and these days folks (i.e. my wife) refer to me as the Pewter Peter. Which ain’t half bad, all things considered.

6 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Fox won't have rights anymore as of next season. Most of the matches will be on ESPN+ with about 4 matches on ESPN. More maybe if covid screws up US sports in the fall. 

Bundesliga wasn't entirely happy with Fox's coverage after initially being excited. Plus FS1/2 don't have much of a reach. 

So no surprise with the restart, Fox's coverage is just carrying the world feed like Sportsnet. Only difference is that they carry the feed with the enhanced crowd noise while SN is au natural. But with nothing else on, Fox ratings have been the highest since 2015. But ratings for la liga matches this weekend were still higher even though bein has even much less reach than FS1/2.

1 hour ago, red card said:

Fox won't have rights anymore as of next season. Most of the matches will be on ESPN+ with about 4 matches on ESPN. More maybe if covid screws up US sports in the fall. 

Bundesliga wasn't entirely happy with Fox's coverage after initially being excited. Plus FS1/2 don't have much of a reach. 

So no surprise with the restart, Fox's coverage is just carrying the world feed like Sportsnet. Only difference is that they carry the feed with the enhanced crowd noise while SN is au natural. But with nothing else on, Fox ratings have been the highest since 2015. But ratings for la liga matches this weekend were still higher even though bein has even much less reach than FS1/2.

K I only paid attention recently and thought FOX did a pretty good job. Either way I think if Sportsnet showed games on their regular channels If there were more Canadians in the mix with a Canadian based studio crew with a North American slant it could work 

7 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I used to be known as the Golden Cock—only to my wife, mind you—but time is an unrelenting and cruel SOB, and these days folks (i.e. my wife) refer to me as the Pewter Peter. Which ain’t half bad, all things considered.

He is not just a golden cock but a golden cock who is a top shooter!