Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, Weng said:

Why?

Arsenal is going through a youth movement under Arteta that's why but the team has been completely made over so why wouldn't David fit in over there especially if in that Dailymail article it specifically stated Arsenal and Manchester United are in talks for him.

6 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Arsenal is going through a youth movement under Arteta that's why but the team has been completely made over so why wouldn't David fit in over there especially if in that Dailymail article it specifically stated Arsenal and Manchester United are in talks for him.

United too are going through a youth movement. United is a better team if he wants to have a shot at winning trophies 😂😂

24 minutes ago, dnina10 said:

United too are going through a youth movement. United is a better team if he wants to have a shot at winning trophies 😂😂

Okay both teams are in similar positions but long term Arsenal would be a better fit, much better fit than United. United you said has a better team but on that team, David may not even get playing time. At least at Arsenal, he would have a better shot at getting playing time.

32 minutes ago, Brethers8 said:

I think out of any English teams linked to David, Arsenal is the best club for him. They way they play would suit his style the most

Having said that, Germany is where I’d like to see him end up. Dortmund is my dream for him

Finally someone who gets it. Because in Arsenal, he would get playing time over there vs United where he would get lost in the shuffle.

2 other teams now have thrown their names back into the race to try to sign David showing their interest in him again:

AC Milan (Serie A)

Inter Milan (Serie A)

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

I'm fine with him going to Inter and he could fit in there but I'd rather not see go to the dumpster fire that is AC Milan.

I'm no Serie A expert and it is amazing to see AC Milan fall like they have. But they do have some decent young players in the mix. He could be part of a bit of a renaissance which would be a great story

9 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm no Serie A expert and it is amazing to see AC Milan fall like they have. But they do have some decent young players in the mix. He could be part of a bit of a renaissance which would be a great story

Exactly they are in the middle of a youth movement at that club and David already being young would fit right in

https://www.tuttosport.com/sondaggi/calcio/golden-boy/2020/06/15-70739285/vota_il_golden_boy_2020_le_100_nomination/

Here is the link to vote for David for the golden boy U21 award. Show your support and make an effort to vote for him or Davies!

David is just a handful or votes ahead of Dest and Reyna at the moment. Davies looks to be comfortably in 3rd but trailing Sancho and Halaand.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/arsenal-fc-transfer-rumours/arsenal-jonathan-david-will-join-if-a-striker-is-sold/?utm_source=snack-poll

"However now, according to the The Telegraph, David will only want to join the Gunners if room is made for him by selling either Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Alexandre Lacazette".

Not sure whether that is true or not since the link to the telegraph doesn't even mention it. However, we do know that David and his agent have said playing time is a priority, so it fits the narrative. 

Anyone else starting to feel like the Bundesliga move won't happen? I can't help but feel that German clubs are unwilling to pay Gent's asking price. Arsenal on the other hand (or Manchester United) would be more willing to do business. We have stories that David's agent has met with those clubs, but we have no such news about RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen, etc. 

This all seems to suggest Arsenal is the front-runner at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/arsenal-fc-transfer-rumours/arsenal-jonathan-david-will-join-if-a-striker-is-sold/?utm_source=snack-poll

"However now, according to the The Telegraph, David will only want to join the Gunners if room is made for him by selling either Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Alexandre Lacazette".

Not sure whether that is true or not since the link to the telegraph doesn't even mention it. However, we do know that David and his agent have said playing time is a priority, so it fits the narrative. 

Anyone else starting to feel like the Bundesliga move won't happen? I can't help but feel that German clubs are unwilling to pay Gent's asking price. Arsenal on the other hand (or Manchester United) would be more willing to do business. We have stories that David's agent has met with those clubs, but we have no such news about RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen, etc. 

Apparently Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is being sold soon but he may go to PSG, Inter or Real Madrid 

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

Great news as he'll be on DAZN every week, but can't say I'm finding myself exactly tickled by the prospect.  Not put off by the idea either, just questioning if this may be the best place, or league for the man.

3 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Great news as he'll be on DAZN every week, but can't say I'm finding myself exactly tickled by the prospect.  Not put off by the idea either, just questioning if this may be the best place, or league for the man.

I also wonder if Arsenal is the best place for David... seems like a bit of a shit-show at the moment.

Lol. You know we are all starting to feel a bit entitled when we are criticizing the idea of a Canadian kid going to a giant of the English Premier League.   Hell, I am a Spurs fan (or was when I watched a lot of EPL) and David going to Arsenal would be friggin huge.   They may not be the force they were in the last decade, but they are still a massive club and would give David a huge platform to play at an extremely high level and continue his development. Not everyone - even those with talents like his - are going to go to a global powerhouse like Bayern and immediately have a Davies-esque impact.