Jonathan David

Vince193

5 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Classic rookie Football Manager blunder. 54m won't scare off Chelsea. You need to be at least 120 on the release clause or, better yet, pay him a few extra grand a week to sign without it.

But Chelsea will still sign Werner regardless and when they do, Leipzig is going to need a new replacement cue Jonathan David 

On 6/2/2020 at 1:55 PM, dyslexic nam said:

I get that David has been smart about moves (and prospective moves) to date, but the reality is that these new ownership groups can throw absolutely stupid money around to make things happen.  Even for someone with a fairly set career plan, the idea of a huge payday would be tempting as hell.   And it’s not like these things always fall on their face.  Man City attained success fairly quickly, as did Chelsea.  There are no guarantees for sure, but the reality is that David may just have the skill set to become an immediate impact player at the latest fantasy footy club.  

In that interview he gave to (i think it was) TSN.  He pretty much said, he was leaning towards a Bundesliga club.   He seems to have a right attitude.  He wants to go to big club that will play in europe (CL).  But at the same time, he doesnt want to go to some club where he will be forced to sit on the bench in favour of some past-his-prime-glamour-guy.  

RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen,  really fit the bill.  Hope these go through.  RB leipzig is hated by other clubs in Germany because of their rapid assension and that their ownership structure resembles a north american franchise.    But other than that, i believe its a perfect fit for him.  They favour talented young players,  they they will  spend generously on young players,  they are very talented but overloaded with name-players up front,  they are doing really well in CL,  and it looks like they will be back in CL next year.  

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

In that interview he gave to (i think it was) TSN.  He pretty much said, he was leaning towards a Bundesliga club.   He seems to have a right attitude.  He wants to go to big club that will play in europe (CL).  But at the same time, he doesnt want to go to some club where he will be forced to sit on the bench in favour of some past-his-prime-glamour-guy.  

RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen,  really fit the bill.  Hope these go through.  RB leipzig is hated by other clubs in Germany because of their rapid assension and that their ownership structure resembles a north american franchise.    But other than that, i believe its a perfect fit for him.  They favour talented young players,  they they will  spend generously on young players,  they are very talented but overloaded with name-players up front,  they are doing really well in CL,  and it looks like they will be back in CL next year.  

Both of those clubs will be selling their main attacking threats for big money this off-season. Leipzig are losing Werner to Chelsea and Leverkusen will be looking to auction Havertz to the highest bidder. Pre-Covid, Havertz's price was mooted to be north of 90 million Euros. JD would find both opportunity and immense pressure at either club. I'm definitely on board for that.

3 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Both of those clubs will be selling their main attacking threats for big money this off-season. Leipzig are losing Werner to Chelsea and Leverkusen will be looking to auction Havertz to the highest bidder. Pre-Covid, Havertz's price was mooted to be north of 90 million Euros. JD would find both opportunity and immense pressure at either club. I'm definitely on board for that.

But personally he should go to Leipzig

On 5/22/2020 at 7:18 AM, TGAA_Star said:

Best fits at this point are RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga and Arsenal in the Premier League especially now that Arsenal are trying to go younger

On 5/23/2020 at 4:08 AM, TGAA_Star said:

Bundesliga as a league is really underrated compared to the other European leagues. Well, Leipzig would be ideal especially if Timo Werner is for sure leaving this summer but that is only if that's the case.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, TGAA_Star said:

Leipzig is the best option

On 5/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, TGAA_Star said:

Please God let him go to Leipzig especially now that Timo Werner is confirmed to be leaving their club

On 5/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, TGAA_Star said:

Which is why it makes better sense to go to Leipzig or Dortmund since Dortmund are still interested in him

On 6/2/2020 at 5:13 AM, TGAA_Star said:

If Germany is the goal for him and always has been the goal then realistically the only 2 teams for him to go to are either RB Leipzig as a Timo Werner replacement, or he goes to Bayern Leverkeusen 

On 6/5/2020 at 1:34 PM, TGAA_Star said:

I sure as hell hope so [to the comment: "David to RB Leipzig could now be a real possibility. "]

On 6/6/2020 at 10:33 PM, TGAA_Star said:

But Chelsea will still sign Werner regardless and when they do, Leipzig is going to need a new replacement cue Jonathan David 

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

But personally he should go to Leipzig

Yes, you have made that abundantly clear.  You don't need to say it again.

Honestly, I'd rather see him stay at KAA Gent for one more season. They have a great chance at making the Champions League group stage next season, and with him there, De Buffalos will fancy their chances. Arsenal is just a waste of time as not even David can improve that toothless team. Dortmund have Haaland, so I don't see that happening. As much as Leipzig is the big talk, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen. If I had to guess where he'd go in the Bundesliga, I'd say Bayer Leverkusen. With Kai Havertz possibly leaving as well, David would make a great replacement for him there

1 hour ago, dnina10 said:

Honestly, I'd rather see him stay at KAA Gent for one more season. They have a great chance at making the Champions League group stage next season, and with him there, De Buffalos will fancy their chances. Arsenal is just a waste of time as not even David can improve that toothless team. Dortmund have Haaland, so I don't see that happening. As much as Leipzig is the big talk, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen. If I had to guess where he'd go in the Bundesliga, I'd say Bayer Leverkusen. With Kai Havertz possibly leaving as well, David would make a great replacement for him there

In case no one's mention it, I think he would be better off going to Leipzig.

2 hours ago, dnina10 said:

I haven't watched Werner much, but the recent analysis I heard mentioned his ability to lead the line, or pop up in the wide areas, or drop very deep to start plays. All of that sounds like Jonathan David-ish to me. 

Havertz can apparently lead the line or play as a 10. Sounds familiar right?

I will be surprised if he doesn't move to one of those two clubs. I will be watching the table very closely to see who qualifies for Champions League:

• RB have the edge right now, they sit 3rd with 59 points and +42 GD.
  • Monchengladbach also have 59 points, but with +21 GD.
  • Leverkusen have 56 points and +16 GD

Wolfsburg are next closest but they are too far behind to bother considering. It's a 3 horse race and someone will drop down to Europa league. I don't think it'll be a deal breaker, but I do think David would prefer to play in the UCL.

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

I haven't watched Werner much, but the recent analysis I heard mentioned his ability to lead the line, or pop up in the wide areas, or drop very deep to start plays. All of that sounds like Jonathan David-ish to me. 

Havertz can apparently lead the line or play as a 10. Sounds familiar right?

I will be surprised if he doesn't move to one of those two clubs. I will be watching the table very closely to see who qualifies for Champions League:

• RB have the edge right now, they sit 3rd with 59 points and +42 GD.
  • Monchengladbach also have 59 points, but with +21 GD.
  • Leverkusen have 56 points and +16 GD

Wolfsburg are next closest but they are too far behind to bother considering. It's a 3 horse race and someone will drop down to Europa league. I don't think it'll be a deal breaker, but I do think David would prefer to play in the UCL.

Not necessarily. Leverkusen are left in the Europa League and Leipzig are left in the Champions League. If one or both of them win, and Mönchengladbach finishes third or fourth, there'll be five German clubs in next season's Champions League. It's a legitimate possibility

I do think that because Bundesliga is playing and teams' gaps and needs are more obvious, the rumours about David and Germany are more lively. But as soon as EPL and Spain start playing, and their roster needs are also exposed, he will be mentioned in those contexts as well, as he already has. 

And probably in the same context, solid mid to high level clubs not performing as they want and with players likely transfering out in the next few months. 

His value has not fallen, his age and the relative cost are pluses (you may pay a high transfer, but not have to break the bank on salary), so I don't think he has fallen off anyone's radar.

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I do think that because Bundesliga is playing and teams' gaps and needs are more obvious, the rumours about David and Germany are more lively. But as soon as EPL and Spain start playing, and their roster needs are also exposed, he will be mentioned in those contexts as well, as he already has. 

And probably in the same context, solid mid to high level clubs not performing as they want and with players likely transfering out in the next few months. 

His value has not fallen, his age and the relative cost are pluses (you may pay a high transfer, but not have to break the bank on salary), so I don't think he has fallen off anyone's radar.

I don't think anyone's disputing that other clubs in other prominent leagues might have interest in him. We're just going based on his on discussions, and that he seems to be leaning towards the Bundesliga. Seeing Davies development and success there could also be playing in to his thinking.