Jonathan David

Vince193

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

What’s your opinion on David coming home to atletico Ottawa? 

No way he and his agent would go for that especially to play in Canadian Premier League, no David has played in Europe playing against probably the best competition, against some of the best in the world. He wouldn't want to play in the CPL because if anything it would feel like a demotion whereas if he stays in Europe or even goes to MLS he at least goes up against elite level superstars day in, day out. CPL at best he wouldn't be playing against elite level superstars/world class talent. If anything it would be too easy for a star of his caliber.

8 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10998463/arsenal-everton-leicester-transfer-news-jonathan-david/amp/

Just seeing this article Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, RB Leipzig, Napoli, Lazio and Lyon are the clubs who are not only in the running but they are the 7 clubs who could afford him.

The Sun is quite possibly the worst source to use. They’ve been publishing lies for decades. Also this story isn’t current, it’s from February. Interested teams have been added to the list since then.

Edited by Strait Red

38 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10998463/arsenal-everton-leicester-transfer-news-jonathan-david/amp/

Just seeing this article Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, RB Leipzig, Napoli, Lazio and Lyon are the clubs who are not only in the running but they are the 7 clubs who could afford him.

Yup, appreciate the effort, but like Strait Red said, that story is old news now. 

Though it does show me that I forgot about the Napoli and Lazio interest, so thanks for reminding us of that. 

46 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Well now Napoli eh, that would be nice, being a life long Napoli fan having him go there would be sweet. Moreover, Telelatino , which shows live Seria A games usually always shows Napoli games. But wouldn’t be the first Canadian to have played there.

Yeah Napoli would be interesting especially going to the Serie A especially to a club with a rich tradition like Napoli, he would be around world class talent like Milik, Zielinski, Hirving Lozano, Koulibaly, Dries Mertens, Insigne, Fernando Llorente, David Ospina, etc. 

He would at least have potential to play in Champions League/Europa League by going to Napoli

57 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Someone help me out.. if David transfers to a team this window and teams league or maybe even Champions League games happen in July August. Is he eligible to play?

I would say Yes. Players who transfer in the January transfer window are eligible to play for their new clubs, so I would think it would be the same rule in this case. 

3 hours ago, Strait Red said:

I would say Yes. Players who transfer in the January transfer window are eligible to play for their new clubs, so I would think it would be the same rule in this case. 

Yeah but then the season is basically shortened because of the worldwide crisis so there's no way that could really work

I don't think that he'd be eligible for a club for the current season mainly because he's already played European football since January. I know they changed the rules that players can play for their new club if transferred in January, but this would be a new interpretation and we still don't know how transfer windows will work because of what happened.  To be fair, this season has been unique and I don't think that we can compare it to anything that has happened before. UCL didn't exist 100 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Inter close to selling Lautaro Martinez.  David has been the rumoured replacement

Being an Inter fan...it will be sad to see Lautaro go especially to Barcelona but if Jonathan David goes to my club of Inter, I just hope he is a suitable replacement for my club especially if he is going to be replacing a world class striker especially an Argentine, Lautaro Martinez.

21 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Latest I have read is three way trade: Martinez to Barca, Semedo to City, and Cancelo to Inter. Cash will be involved too. 

Doesn't directly relate to David, but if Martinez leaves, Inter's interest in David would seemingly go up a few notches.

Yeah it would but David going to Inter he would be playing with world class talent