Jonathan David

Vince193

7 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Essentially equating someone "complaining" or being "bothered" by racism with not being "mentally tough enough" is.... really something!

Wow.

PM me if you want to discuss it. Don't want this thread to get derailed like the Alphonso Davies thread was yesterday.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I can rationalize Everton or even West Ham, but I definitely cannot see him joining Aston Villa. For starters it looks like they will be relegated and I doubt David would be joining a team that will play in the Championship. I see they spent 22 million pounds on Wesley from Club Brugges for their Premier League season, but will they spend that sort of cash to bring David in for their 2020-21 Championship season? Highly unlikely.

Then in that case Everton or West Ham but would be more of a scoring threat playing for West Ham than he would be on Everton

6 hours ago, canta15 said:

I hate to say it I don’t want him going to Italy because of the racism. Much rather him go to Germany

I mean, my German friend was telling me that overall his country is very welcoming but some parts of the country (including Leipzig) are far more "nationalist". 

I'd like David to go somewhere where I'd be able to easily watch him week in week out. Germany is great for that, Premier league would be great too (assuming he can get in the lineup)

29 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I mean, my German friend was telling me that overall his country is very welcoming but some parts of the country (including Leipzig) are far more "nationalist". 

I'd like David to go somewhere where I'd be able to easily watch him week in week out. Germany is great for that, Premier league would be great too (assuming he can get in the lineup)

Not to really worry about it if he goes there. It's not like he's going to Lokomotiv. RB is not really Leipzig. 

6 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I’d like to see him in the Bundesliga for him, but if he was in Series A or the Premier League that would be good because I could see the games on DAZN

That's true but then Serie A he would most likely have to deal with racism well depending on which Italian team he ended up with but if he goes to England he would most likely be coming off the bench having to fight for playing time depending on where he went or if he went to like a middle of the pack team he would probably flourish

29 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

I really thought Lyon would've been a good place for Johnny to land in during the January window. They have such a long CV of churning out young players. I would be very happy to have him there

Then how about other French teams like Marseille, Lille, AS Monaco or Nice in the French Ligue

5 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Then how about other French teams like Marseille, Lille, AS Monaco or Nice in the French Ligue

I don't think they were linked to him. I feel that Monaco may have been actually, but I can't recall for sure. Feels like there have been +30 clubs linked at one point or another. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I don't think they were linked to him. I feel that Monaco may have been actually, but I can't recall for sure. Feels like there have been +30 clubs linked at one point or another. 

Plus if he were to go to Monaco yeah sure he would most likely have to fight for genuine minutes but looking at Monaco's striker line they have Slimani, Gelson Martins, Jovetic, Keita Balde, Willem Geubbels, Ben Yedder but yeah they have stars but he would still be able to get minutes no doubt especially in that offense. I mean what Monaco is mostly about now is their midfield and if you take a look at their midfield right now, it is loaded but David is not a midfielder. He is a striker and seeing the strikers on that team he would give them some real competition.

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

French clubs can't afford him

Okay then that's that. So then Italian clubs I'm sure can and so could English or Dutch clubs or German clubs or even Spanish clubs because they at least have the money. Yeah a lot of clubs were linked before but now only a certain amount now are linked to him but because of this transfer window who even knows anymore because of this COVID-19 crisis.

In spite of Barça rumours, lately all news here is about possible trades and exchanges, oddly enough.

The lack of cash may be shifting the transfer model into a a trade model, more in the North American sports league style. For example, since Barça want Lautaro but don't seem to have the cash to pay for him, all sorts of names are being proposed to lower the cash part of the deal. 

Since Barça wants to do this, obviously no one here is going to want to go to Gent. So the likely deals will be made with teams with a top level salary structure. A player from Gent can be bought, but you are not going to sweeten the deal for the Belgians with any player on the 1st team roster, obviously. Gent is going to want cash and only cash, plus more cash for objectives reached by the transfered player.

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

How about Roma, Palermo or Fiorentina

Palermo is in Serie D this year due to various improprieties. They are several years away from playing in Italy’s top flight. Roma seems to favour older players. His agent is on record admitting they want a move to Germany, so that’s likely where he ends up.

2 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Palermo is in Serie D this year due to various improprieties. They are several years away from playing in Italy’s top flight. Roma seems to favour older players. His agent is on record admitting they want a move to Germany, so that’s likely where he ends up.

Okay but then how about Fiorentina? I mentioned them too

We may as well speculate on the teams that have actually been mentioned as possible destinations. I don't think Roma has, but I may have just missed it. David scored against them in the Europa league, so you'd think they'd be interested, because some of their rivals are. I think Roma would be a good level for him. 

I think he can do better than Fiorentina and obviously Palermo.

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

We may as well speculate on the teams that have actually been mentioned as possible destinations. I don't think Roma has, but I may have just missed it. David scored against them in the Europa league, so you'd think they'd be interested, because some of their rivals are. I think Roma would be a good level for him. 

I think he can do better than Fiorentina and obviously Palermo.

Exactly my point we may as well speculate and spitball ideas as for teams where he would be a good fit. Roma would be a good fit but if he did go to Fiorentina, he would be an instant starter on that team if you see their lineup.

26 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

How about Boca Juniors, CSKA Moscow or LA Galaxy?

Boca Juniors in Argentina is a far stretch but I don't know if that could work. CSKA Moscow though however would be an interesting choice for sure assuming if David did end up in Russia. However, if David were to go to MLS then the only team in MLS that makes any remote sense is LA Galaxy.

36 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Boca Juniors in Argentina is a far stretch but I don't know if that could work. CSKA Moscow though however would be an interesting choice for sure assuming if David did end up in Russia. However, if David were to go to MLS then the only team in MLS that makes any remote sense is LA Galaxy.

What’s your opinion on David coming home to atletico Ottawa?