Jonathan David

Vince193

16 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Leipzig in the Bundesliga is a damn good club...play with Timo Werner, Emil Forsberg just to name a few

To be honest that would be the best option in terms of style of play. They are very good on the counter and David excels in that regard. David is a young player and RB Leipzig are a young, dynamic team. Emil Forsberg has actually been on the outside looking in recently because he is not suited to their high energy approach, despite being a very good player. 

I don't like the how RB operate like City football group, with subsidies in different countries, but if I put that aside they would be a fantastic choice for David. Good enough club where he is challenged, but not so good that he'll find chances hard to come by, like potentially at Bayern or possibly even Dortmund. I think the Bundesliga is the best league for him and he has stated that is his preference over leagues like England. 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

To be honest that would be the best option in terms of style of play. They are very good on the counter and David excels in that regard. David is a young player and RB Leipzig are a young, dynamic team. Emil Forsberg has actually been on the outside looking in recently because he is not suited to their high energy approach, despite being a very good player. 

I don't like the how RB operate like City football group, with subsidies in different countries, but if I put that aside they would be a fantastic choice for David. Good enough club where he is challenged, but not so good that he'll find chances hard to come by, like potentially at Bayern or possibly even Dortmund. I think the Bundesliga is the best league for him and he has stated that is his preference over leagues like England. 

RB Leipzig then in that case I can get behind

10 hours ago, Aird25 said:

It seems he’s been linked with nearly everyone at this point. Are there any actual front runners?

It's a very good question.

I would think the Bundesliga clubs are the front runners, just because David/agent have expressed that league is their preference. It seems that some clubs are linked to him less seriously (probably Manchester United and Liverpool), whereas Arsenal, Dortmund, RB Leipzig and Inter Milan seem to be more genuine.

Manchester United, Liverpool (and Barcelona for that matter) do not have an outgoing player that he'd be replacing.

But Aubameyang, Sancho, Werner and Martinez are all likely on the move when the transfer window opens. It makes sense that clubs would look at player like David to come in and replace. 

He was the leading scorer in Belgium, for the team that finished runner up, and he scored goals in the Europa league, and he is 20 years of age. That is the sort of profile those kind of teams would look for in a replacement.

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Just a thought on the Inter Milan, it would be pretty cool to see David playing off Lukaku as a second forward, with Eriksen supporting them both. 

David to Inter Milan...I would love this move personally because I am an Inter Milan fan, have been for years so if he joined my team I definitely would love it

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

David to Inter Milan...I would love this move personally because I am an Inter Milan fan, have been for years so if he joined my team I definitely would love it

I have a soft spot for them too, because Obafemi Martins broke out there. I don't follow them too closely now a days. Can you give any insight into how you think he would/could fit in? Can you see David getting genuine minutes there? David is very good, but this Inter side is also very good as well. Tough to say how many minutes David would get there... 

Honestly in our squad right now, David would most likely be coming off the bench because seeing our forward striker line now...it is too loaded especially with Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez, Alexis Sanchez, etc but as far as genuine minutes I doubt it but he would have to fight for it with Esposito, Vergani, etc.

3 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Honestly in our squad right now, David would most likely be coming off the bench because seeing our forward striker line now...it is too loaded especially with Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez, Alexis Sanchez, etc but as far as genuine minutes I doubt it but he would have to fight for it with Esposito, Vergani, etc.

Do you think he could be a realistic replacement for Lautaro Martinez? The rumors seem to indicate he would be replacing him if he goes to Barcelona. 

@InBorjanWeTrust Please feel free to weigh in as well :)

Edited by Obinna

2 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

TBF Lautaro is most probably leaving at the end of the season, and I think Sanchez will also be returning to Machester as well. But I could see David adopting the same role that Lautaro had at Inter in his first year... Playing second fiddle to Icardi.

59 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I hate to say it I don’t want him going to Italy because of the racism. Much rather him go to Germany

12 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I hate to say it I don’t want him going to Italy because of the racism. Much rather him go to Germany

Yeah Italy yes is known for their racism but I would rather if he is going to go anywhere it should be to Germany, France or Spain to play

1 hour ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

TBF Lautaro is most probably leaving at the end of the season, and I think Sanchez will also be returning to Machester as well. But I could see David adopting the same role that Lautaro had at Inter in his first year... Playing second fiddle to Icardi.

I would welcome that as an Inter fan...with David playing second fiddle

45 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I have had the same thought, sadly.

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can't help that my mind goes there. 

To play devil's advocate, there are many players who go there, do well, and do not come out complaining about the racism. Whether they are bothered by it privately is another matter. If you are mentally tough enough it shouldn't be an issue. I like to think that, at least.

Possibly racism aside, another possible concern is how good the defense is in Italy. I mean on one hand, if David can go there and score he can literally score anywhere. On the other hand, perhaps at this stage of his career it is better to go where the jump in defensive strength isn't so great. 

Edited by Obinna

Of all the teams I think Inter is my best case scenario. High profile team, good enough that they're in the mix but not too good that he may not play. It would also be cool to have a Canadian playing in Italy. If we could get Millar playing on an epl side, maybe someone in to La Liga. It would be nice to diversify our Canadian talent 

Edited by SpursFlu

As someone with no club affiliation in Europe, I just want him to go into the right situation. Luckily, from everything I've heard out of David and his agent, it sounds like they're thinking the same way. I just find it so hard to predict what situation will actually be the best right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we see far fewer of the rumored transfers actually carried through with this window. I do hope David takes a step up though. I think he's ready 

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Or if he ends up in England and goes to EPL then realistically in EPL the only teams that make sense are West Ham, Aston Villa, or Everton but that is only if he ends up in England 

I can rationalize Everton or even West Ham, but I definitely cannot see him joining Aston Villa. For starters it looks like they will be relegated and I doubt David would be joining a team that will play in the Championship. I see they spent 22 million pounds on Wesley from Club Brugges for their Premier League season, but will they spend that sort of cash to bring David in for their 2020-21 Championship season? Highly unlikely.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

To play devil's advocate, there are many players who go there, do well, and do not come out complaining about the racism. Whether they are bothered by it privately is another matter. If you are mentally tough enough it shouldn't be an issue. I like to think that, at least.

Essentially equating someone "complaining" or being "bothered" by racism with not being "mentally tough enough" is.... really something!

Wow.