Vince193

Jonathan David

7 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Awful, and I mean truly awful, defending from Plastun lets Kluivert through and it is 1-1. I have no idea why Plastun felt the need to go so wide considering Kluivert is 10x faster.

As I type this, David hits one just wide.

Interesting note I did not know: away goals don't count until after extra time. So if Gent win 2-1 it goes to ET, but if it stays that way in ET then Roma win.

Did not know that, good rule I think. Otherwise these knockout ties can get killed off too early.

Gianluca Mancini is 23 years old and has 3 caps for Italy. David is absolutely dominating him and causing so much havoc in Roma's right hand channel. Caused Veretout to get a yellow card, as well.

It wasn't long ago that Roma were one of the most attractive sides in Europe. They still try to play out the back but they are much less effective and they often resort to the 'dark arts' and are very frustrating to watch. Frankly, Gent have been much better and it will be a shame if this level of play gets Roma through.

19 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Awful, and I mean truly awful, defending from Plastun lets Kluivert through and it is 1-1. I have no idea why Plastun felt the need to go so wide considering Kluivert is 10x faster.

Terrible.  Man just fell asleep.  Or was daydreaming.  Rest of the world seen it coming, 45 yards from goal, just not him.

Worst could be yet to come for Mancini. Knock-on-wood.

Which one of you clowns air lifted the pitch in from Swangard?  I mean I'm all for a gag but thats going too far.  

3 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Gent's captain is really trying to play hero ball. He's come close but the constant tunnel vision towards the net is hurting his team 

Yeah. He thinks he's Kaka...not

Just ran out of ideas.  Ghent really are their own worst enemy sometimes, this past week anyway.  I mean a lot of forward movements ending in cutting into the middle, in space already (or soon to be) occupied.  Pretty good way to eliminate your options if that's your plan.  It's too bad.

Have to say Roma looked to put David off a bit though with the early roughness.  Or maybe it's just frustration with team mates?  Both?  Regardless, was complaining at bit at the ref that second half. 

He must know by now he won't be in Belgium next season.

12 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Gent's captain is really trying to play hero ball. He's come close but the constant tunnel vision towards the net is hurting his team 

He is not usually that selfish in the league. Maybe he wanted to impress some of the scouts that were there to watch David lol

3 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Just ran out of ideas.  Ghent really are their own worst enemy sometimes, this past week anyway.  I mean a lot of forward movements ending in cutting into the middle, in space already (or soon to be) occupied.  Pretty good way to eliminate your options if that's your plan.  It's too bad.

Have to say Roma looked to put David off a bit though with the early roughness.  Or maybe it's just frustration with team mates?  Both?  Regardless, was complaining at bit at the ref that second half. 

He must know by now he won't be in Belgium next season.

I noticed that David tends to go down and appeal to the ref quite often. He doesn't exactly dive and attempt to embellish, but he uses his body very well to get between the defender and ball.

When there is contact and no call, he is always quick to throw his hands up at the ref and ask why.

Edited by Obinna

I think the game did show Gent's weaknesses.  They play very open and allow chances like the goal quite often.  The usually good news is they usually score more goals but Roma were a good crafty side that once the had their aggregate lead were never going to take any more chances. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

The gent captain is honestly the biggest reason they aren’t moving on. Failed to make the right passes in the first leg, probably costing them 1-2 goals. Then just didn’t pass at all tonight. Took bad shots all game that were not threatening at all. After this 2 game display I’m glad it proves my thought it getting David out to a higher level right. He is too good for this team. Should be a interesting summer.