Jonathan David

Vince193

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

At the voyageurs Cup game last night the announcer mentioned that a Champions League team that moves into the knockout round and wants a forward upgrade would look at buying him.

You can play in two different uefa competitions in the same year? 

EDIT: looks like they changed the rule last year. 

Edited by king1010

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

You can play in two different uefa competitions in the same year? 

Rule change in March 2018 

"Regarding the registration of players after a group stage of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, a club may register three new eligible players without any restrictions. This is in line with the existing regulatory situation in the different domestic leagues, which does not impose restrictions on the eligibility for competitions of players registered for a new club during the winter transfer window."

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2546984.html#/

I still hope Gent go through and keep him until the end of the year at least. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Rule change in March 2018 

"Regarding the registration of players after a group stage of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, a club may register three new eligible players without any restrictions. This is in line with the existing regulatory situation in the different domestic leagues, which does not impose restrictions on the eligibility for competitions of players registered for a new club during the winter transfer window."

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2546984.html#/

I still hope Gent go through and keep him until the end of the year at least. 

Even if Gent don't go through, they'll get more by keeping him past the winter transfer window and letting him fill the net against some of the weaker teams in the Jupiler League.  Also, he doesn't take penalties and I don't know what the unwritten rules are for who takes them given his lack of seniority but that would pad his goal total and can only enhance his transfer value.

4 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

Also, he doesn't take penalties and I don't know what the unwritten rules are for who takes them given his lack of seniority but that would pad his goal total and can only enhance his transfer value.

Yaremchuck has taken the couple they had this year.  Is not that far behind David partially because of it.  He is senior in the sense of having been at the club for over 2 years (still 23).  I don't remember if both penalties were before Depoitre came or not.

Yaremchuk and one other player from last night's starting line-up have been at the club for more transfer windows than David. (I guess Depoitre was there for 2 years before leaving before).   Lots of recent signings under the newish manager. 

David's playmaking skills on display pushing defender back with his dribbling and then ripping a pass through 3 pairs of the other teams legs setting up a great shot and forcing a good save. 

Another cheeky pass a few minutes later! Slick backheel to Yaremchuk after drawing the defenders onto him. Yaremchuk then draws the penalty and scores. 1-1 

Edited by JuicyHam