Jonathan David

Vince193

4 hours ago, Reign said:

Everyone said I was crazy when I said he could for for 20m+. I truly believe he will be a better player then Davies when it’s said and done. 

If David goes for more it doesn’t exactly map 100% to abilities. If David was coming through MLS and Davies proved it for a year in a Euro league I’m sure numbers would be similar.

Ajax would be amazing of course. I wouldn’t mind him on a relegation battle prem team. Would be fun to watch him play against the best.

5 hours ago, Yoginess said:

I wouldn’t mind him on a relegation battle prem team. Would be fun to watch him play against the best.

Please no, prem teams are generally terrible at developing talent. 

Porto or Ajax would be amazing moves, follow the proven paths towards success. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

6 hours ago, Yoginess said:

If David goes for more it doesn’t exactly map 100% to abilities. If David was coming through MLS and Davies proved it for a year in a Euro league I’m sure numbers would be similar.

Ajax would be amazing of course. I wouldn’t mind him on a relegation battle prem team. Would be fun to watch him play against the best.

Nothing to do with what they sell for, I’m talking purely on their ability to play the game. In that sense I believe David is and will continue to be a better player then Davies. Both are great young stars for Canada tho of course !

And yes I can’t think of team I’d rather he went to then Ajax. That is literally the perfect team for him. He will consistently get European football and they develop players with the best of them. 

12 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

That seems exorbitant for a guy with one season.

It's almost certainly because they don't intend on selling him this summer unless they get a really good offer. He's still under contract for another three years and is doing well, so there's no rush to get him out the door.

It would also probably be better for him to spend one full season as an established starter in a good league before going to a big club and having to fight for first-team playing time.

7 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Please no, prem teams are generally terrible at developing talent. 

Porto or Ajax would be amazing moves, follow the proven paths towards success. 

Prem teams are "terrible at developing" talent because it's the most competitive league from top to bottom and hard to break into. If David is good enough to push for starts than he will develop just fine.

That being said, I have no idea if David could actually hang in that league right now. 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:52 AM, Ansem said:

Ha!

I swear that the West Ham link came from me bigging him up on a club forum because I have not seen it reported in any of the actual striker talk this summer.  (West Ham were generally in for a bigger striker and got Haller from Frankfurt.)

Probably should keep my mouth/keyboard shut with our injury curse (Carroll, Ashton and recently Doneil Henry among others).

Keep in mind David has the biggest say in all this.  If he has to move on to cash in he'll be moving on.  Simple as that.  

Doesn't need to rush things either though, and doesn't read like he is, but being complacent and just letting it all play out shouldn't be an option either.  Of course that's why you have agents picking your pocket.  What a business.