Vince193

Jonathan David

5 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Zero idea how reliable this website is but apparently Ajax have some interest in our boy.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190531_04438466

This would be incredible. Ajax are some of the best when it comes to development while also serving as a gateway to the best of the best. Ajax does the work so the worlds richest clubs don't have to 

37 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Zero idea how reliable this website is but apparently Ajax have some interest in our boy.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190531_04438466

https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/880700/ajax-in-gesprek-met-gent-over-canadese-tienersensatie.html

According to that Dutch article, Borussia Monchengladbach and Freiburg are also vying for David, but Ajax are front runners at the moment.

Ajax would be a great team for David, specially right now since the club is filled with young good players, and they are all playing amazing (I'm sure most will agree that the UCL final would have been A LOT better with Ajax in it)

Just now, Corazon said:

Many of those young players will not be there next year.

The fact they made it that far is a testament of the club's ability to scout for talent and get them playing at their best. David could not go to a better club at this point in his career.

1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

The fact they made it that far is a testament of the club's ability to scout for talent and get them playing at their best. David could not go to a better club at this point in his career.

Absolutely!  Ajax are known for developing some of the best players in the world.

Ajax would be nasty. I would definitely prefer that to BM or Freiburg. The Bundesliga is a big step up, but the Eredivisie is definitely a level David would thrive in, especially with the players around him.

I think 10-12 million Euros sounds about right.

Also happy to see him stay at Gent. He just turned 19, there's no rush to move on.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Obinna said:

Ajax would be nasty. I would definitely prefer that to BM or Freiburg. The Bundesliga is a big step up, but the Eredivisie is definitely a level David would thrive in, especially with the players around him.

Also happy to see him stay at Gent. He just turned 19, there's no rush to move on.

Ajax or BVB for me are the 2 best teams he could go to, both teams with a proven record of giving young talent with potential a chance. Of course, another season at Gent wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by LeoH037

16 hours ago, Obinna said:

Is a 10-12 M Euros fee in the  range for  Ajax?  Just asking cause I thought they buy low and sell high. Would love to see him at Ajax .

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Is a 10-12 M Euros fee in the  range for  Ajax?  Just asking cause I thought they buy low and sell high. Would love to see him at Ajax .

I don't know because I don't follow them closely, but I imagine 10M is considered low now a days in the European market, even for a prudent club like Ajax. 

That said, they'll probably push for closer to 5M and the clubs could meet in the middle. Or perhaps Gent would just sell him to Germany for 10ish. Maybe they'll just keep David? We'll see!

17 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

For an older player - no.  But a 19 year old player they’ll see as an investment where they can spend some of the big money they made this season with the UCL and De Jong and reinvest it into a young player who can contribute immediately but still grow. 

10-12 M would be cheap for David imo.  

56 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

oooh boy. Ajax would be perfect, especially with a ton of their players leaving he will have a shot to be part of the next cohort. 

Maybe Davies can join him there!

3 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I would say that at this moment, they are probably flush with cash from the Champions League run and also the sale of De Jong to Barcelona for around €75 M and de Ligt possibly to Liverpool or Barcelona for a similar amount.  I think if they wanted to splash some money for David, they could.

35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I would say that at this moment, they are probably flush with cash from the Champions League run and also the sale of De Jong to Barcelona for around €75 M and de Ligt possibly to Liverpool or Barcelona for a similar amount.  I think if they wanted to splash some money for David, they could.

75 million doesnt go as far in Amsterdam as you think it might.